Windows 10: My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

Discus and support My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; -- works like a charm. However, when I first logged into it to set it up -- it offered me a generic username and password. This allowed me to get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Pool Man, Dec 20, 2016.

1. My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

-- works like a charm.

However, when I first logged into it to set it up -- it offered me a generic username and password. This allowed me to get to an internet page and create my networks. Once logged in I could create my two networks and passwords. All has been good for a few weeks. But then --

-- I wondered if it was safe to keep the original generic username and password? As in it's public knowledge what these are. I called TP-Link and they said it's okay because someone would have to be ON my network to change these.

Is this true?

:)

The Pool Man, Dec 20, 2016

2. Lumia 1520 - poor 5GHz Wi-Fi performance

I'm using a TP-Link WDR4300 router. It's a dual-band 11n router. All my PC, Mac, iPad is connected to the router using 5GHz channel and my router is working using channel 36.

SITI87hajar, Dec 20, 2016
  3. I see no WI -Fi networks nearby

Krien van Dijke, Dec 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

Big question here.... even if it isn't that big of a security risk.....why not just set your own custom username and password anyway?

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2016
  5. The Pool Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

1. My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router - Similar Threads - dual band LINK

2. Where is windows dual band wifi ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is windows dual band wifi ?: Oh i forgot windows doesn't support such featuresWhy devices and manufacturers support dual band if windows doesnt? EVEN MY ANDROID CAN DO IT ahah but its useless there since i need dual band wifi for VR gaming .Glad my phone has over 1500Mbit /s and windows works like...
  3. Where is windows dual band wifi ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is windows dual band wifi ?: Oh i forgot windows doesn't support such featuresWhy devices and manufacturers support dual band if windows doesnt? EVEN MY ANDROID CAN DO IT ahah but its useless there since i need dual band wifi for VR gaming .Glad my phone has over 1500Mbit /s and windows works like...
  4. dual band wifi adpter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual band wifi adpter: The 5G my dual band wireless adaptor shows up goes off and on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-band-wifi-adpter/75495517-b0e8-4fe6-be9e-e8a89b25bc0b
  5. no detection of TP-link T6E archer: wireless dual band PCIE adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no detection of TP-link T6E archer: wireless dual band PCIE adapter: Hello, I have a problem withthis device. I cannot find it in the device manager. my config: [ATTACH] I have tried many things: 1 All my drivers are updated 2 BIOS and firmware are updated 3 I have tried different pcie 1x port a green led is lighting, so the card is...
  6. I need to port forward for tp-link router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to port forward for tp-link router: I have no clue how to do this and all of the results google yields are old it seems. I need to portforward specifically for xbox games pass on Windows. Apparently I need the 3074 ports? And I'm hitting dead ends. I'm at the screen to add a new virtual server (or port I...
  7. Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router: I have an ADSL TP Link Archer D9 modem that has 2X bandwidth for the N (2.4 MHz) range Wifi network and pretty decent range for the AC (5 MHz) network . Recently my land line was upgraded to VDSL standard so as I went on to research available VDSL modems I got to realize...
  8. tp link m7350 impossible change the Wifi band to 5GhZ

tp link m7350 impossible change the Wifi band to 5GhZ: Hi, I need to switch the wifi band to 5ghz (I bought this modem for that) but there is no option, can you help me please. Thanks, Syl 139856
  9. tp-link Archer T2U dual band adapter not showing 5GHz wifi

tp-link Archer T2U dual band adapter not showing 5GHz wifi: Hi, I'm from India using Airtel V-Fiber 100mbps network. The router has 2GHz and 5GHz wifi support I can connect to 5GHz network from my mobile phone or MacbookPro but I cannot see 5GHz network on Windows 10 I tried re-installing drivers multiple times but of no use....
  10. Dual band router, one band not recognized? by laptop??

Dual band router, one band not recognized? by laptop??: I have a dual band (2.4 and 5 Mhz) comcast modem/router. My desktop computer, iPad an iPhone and two firesticks, all recognize the two bands and are on the 5 mHz band at all locations in the house. However, my laptop, an HP Pavillion entertainment, only recognizes the 2.4...