Windows 10: My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i...

Discus and support My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peterhollis, Jan 8, 2020.

1. My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i...

My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i fix this

:)

peterhollis, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Cd drive is stop working.

Hi Netrom,

There is a possibility that this is a problem with the CD/DVD drive driver. To properly troubleshoot the problem, kindly verify the following:

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jan 8, 2020
  4. RLRehm Win User

My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i...

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i...

1. My dvd/cd drive has stopped working even when it tells me my drive is up to date, how do i... - Similar Threads - dvd drive has

2. My DVD drive when I put in a cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My DVD drive when I put in a cd: When I put in cd it says it was made in 12/31/1994 at 6 pm and it's 1 kb but it's not and when i put it on a flash drive it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-when-i-put-in-a-cd/b61f7533-4948-429b-9b7e-471bc6ff9ff1
  3. When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I plug my flash drive in my computer it shows up as 4 drives, and it tells me to...: submitted by /u/slick_randall71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kohf2p/when_i_plug_my_flash_drive_in_my_computer_it/
  4. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  5. Dvd / Cd drive not showing up

Dvd / Cd drive not showing up: Hi all i cannot find my cd drive in This PC from file explorer It is neither in device manager nor in disk management i did the registry key solution, used cmd, used troubleshooter i don't know what to do next help please!?!? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  7. my cd/dvd drive is not working! Ready to scream

my cd/dvd drive is not working! Ready to scream: Updates have been done, but to avail. Windows 10 HP laptop. Any help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cddvd-drive-is-not-working-ready-to-scream/031f763e-3ca0-46e1-a3bb-48ae2a98ec91
  8. have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives: can download game on my ASUS computer hope someone can help me thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-no-dvdcd-drive-how-do-i-get-the-drives/cee5db1b-98ff-410f-b109-c25ce3edb084
  9. My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My CD/DVD drive is no longer working, help!: The CD/DVD drive is recognized, but won't read the data. The cd/dvd gets ejected when I try to 'open' the data, music, or games, (see attached screenshots). The cd/dvd drive use to work, until the Windows 10 update, v1803, in may this year. Just trying to open content from...
  10. How can I check my CD/DVD drive?

How can I check my CD/DVD drive?: I spent several hours troubleshooting why I cannot burn a DVD without errors. I suspected the software (Pinnacle Studio 20) and made several changes including changing menus and burning w/o menus. Also tried burning the image file with other software (Nero). Tried using other...