Windows 10: My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

Discus and support My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DVD drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H) is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio. It worked on earlier versions but not lately. CDs still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JahanQureshi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

My DVD drive (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H) is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio.

It worked on earlier versions but not lately.

CDs still work.

:)

JahanQureshi, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

I presume you are aware that your model doesn't seem to be listed by Sony as supported for Windows 10.

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/windows10

Their Support page for the VPCEB2E9E only lists software and downloads for Windows 7, Vista and XP, there is however a firmware update for the drive...
    https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...B2E9E/list#os1
    Apparently...
    To add further to your problems, There are unlikely to be any new updates for the Optiarc drives because...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Optiarc

Is it just CDs that you can't see, or do you have the same problem with DVDs? Does the CD/DVD drive appear in File Explorer? Does Device Manager show it as working?

Oh, strike that, I see you've already said...
    ...and have been struggling with this problem for a while now...
    Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive
    ...it may be time to accept that this drive can't be made to work and go for an external USB drive instead. *Sad

3. samIOW Win User
    Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Hello,

Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet

In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thanks

samIOW, Oct 31, 2018
  4. My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

CD/DVD Drive not Working after windows 10 upgrade on Sony VAIO

Hi guys,

I really need help!

I upgraded my Sony VAIO VPCEH35EN to Windows 10 and my cd/dvd drive sopped working. It shows up in device manager and in This PC but when you try to open it it says, 'please insert disk into cd/dvd drive' and ejects. device manager says the driver is updated
    and the device is working, which is not true.

I don't even know where the problem is because everything works except the cd/dvd does not run after inserting it.... it tries to then it stops.. ive tried everything editing register using command prompt deleting low pass filter...but no avail.... please
    help!

any information required to diagnose will be shared with you asap!

JohnJosephWI, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio

1. My DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 (1803) on my Sony Vaio - Similar Threads - DVD drive working

2. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  3. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  4. WiFi on Sony Vaio will not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on Sony Vaio will not work with Windows 10: Hello Microsoft community. I have a Sony VAIO model SVE15115FXS laptop. The original OS was Windows 7. After the unfortunate upgrade to Windows 10, a lot of functionality was lost in my computer and the biggest issues is that the airplane mode is always toggling back on and...
  5. SONY VAIO FINGERPRINT SENSOR DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SONY VAIO FINGERPRINT SENSOR DRIVE: HI TO ALL .... PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ... I CANT FIND SAONY VAIO VPCSB3AJ DRIVERS ... SPECIALLY FINGERPRINT DRIVER AND IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 ...... PLEASE IF ANYONE COULD HELP I WILL BE GREATFULL ... THANKS...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio: Hello everybody, I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB14-EN which has a core i3 m330 and ati radeon HD 5470 graphics card, running Windows 7 Ultimate I want to install the latest version of windows 10 64-Bit on my system and want to know if this is possible and if there are any problems...
  7. Bluetooth, Sony Vaio and Windows 10

Bluetooth, Sony Vaio and Windows 10: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio SVE14A1C5E. I upgrade to Windows 10 shortly after it was released. Initially, Bluetooth was automatically switched on every time I logged in, but eventually I switched it off, as I wasn't making any use of it. My problem now is that I can't get...
  8. Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio: Hi, I switched off my laptop which is running on windows 10 when I saw it froze. Afterwards, when I switched on... It is not loading... It keeps restarting... but keeps failing. Does anyone know how to open on safemode ? I never updated the settings on troubleshoot/safemode...
  9. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad Thanks 68771
  10. Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: hello, I have a problem in that after upgrading from windows 8.1 pro 64 bit to windows 10 my dvd/cd drive is not working, It shows it as a cd drive which if you try and use it , It comes up with put a cd in ,which doesn't do anything, for some reason it see it as a cd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cdwr not working on sony vaio windows 10