Windows 10: My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10.

Discus and support My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying every fix possible or either the fixes I find are not compatible w/ my system. My burner is a Toshiba CDDVDW TS-L633N, 36776 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1967Rodzilla, Jan 8, 2016.

1. My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10.

I have been trying every fix possible or either the fixes I find are not compatible w/ my system. My burner is a Toshiba CDDVDW TS-L633N,

:)

1967Rodzilla, Jan 8, 2016
  2. WinM Win User

Asus PB278Q Monitor driver, STILL NOT AVAILABLE

After upgrading to Win10 my Asus PB278Q Monitor does not work. Asus has not released any new drivers for it since Win8.1.

I have tried everything the internet has to offer to get it to work but it seems that the missing driver is at fault, (I read somewhere that it might be a DisplayPort wake-up handshake protocol bug) . If Asus won't release it, can Microsoft? Is it that hard
    to update/convert a Win8.1 driver to Win10? Can Microsoft call up Asus and make them hurry up the driver?

WinM, Jan 8, 2016
  3. ArkadyW Win User
    Reserve free upgrade to Win10

I am currently running Win8.1 - fully activated, installed from installation DVD (I still have the DVD, of course). I am not planning to move to Win10 right now but I will someday in the future. That's why I would like to have an option to give my PC a free
    upgrade from 8.1 to 10, say in 2 years time. If I understand all this reservation process correctly I need to: either upgrade directly from 8.1 or do a clean Win10 installation with my Win8.1 key, which is currently in use (I guess using Win8.1 key to install
    Win10 is now possible, am I right?). The important thing is that all this needs to be done before the end of July, 2016, right??? As I want to stay with Win8.1 for now and just want to "reserve" a free upgrade, I've been thinking about doing it this way:

- keep my Win8.1 installation intact,

- do a clean installation of Win10 on a different drive using Win8.1 key,

- after activation of Win10 is done, unplug the drive with Win10 as I won't be using it for now & get back to my Win8.1.

The questions are:

1. Will my Win8.1 installation be still activated, having done the above steps? I don't want to mess with it!

2. Will I be able to do a clean install of Win10 in, let's say, 2018, using the Win8.1 key and it will be activated then? I've just downloaded Win10 ISO from Microsoft using their tool and burned it to DVD.

I just want to add that I will never use 2 activated systems at the same time (8.1 & 10, is it even possible with the same key???), so I don't intend to "cheat" - one system on one machine is enough for me.

Thank you for your answers and clarifying things in advance!

ArkadyW, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10.

1. My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10. - Similar Threads - DVD ROM does

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. DVD Rom not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Rom not working: Hi, My DVD player on my HP laptop windows 10 OS is not working. At least, it's not working like it used to when I popped in a DVD, the player opened up, I click on it and the DVD started. No problem. Now, I just hear clicking and a pop up opens and asks me if I want to...
  7. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  8. FilmScan35 1, my laptop does not have a cd/dvd rom drive. Is there a way for me to install...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FilmScan35 1, my laptop does not have a cd/dvd rom drive. Is there a way for me to install...: I have never had to install anything on my new laptop and had not realised it did not have a cd rom drive. I would appreciate your help in this matter....
  9. DVD-ROM not working on win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD-ROM not working on win10: Hello, I upgraded for free from Win7 to Win10 when it was offered (was it in 2015 ? I forgot). Since then I have a problem with my DVD-ROM player. The issue wasn't really important before now as I rarely needed to use the player, and I had another (and very inconvenient)...
  10. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10: hi I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work. windows detect the drive without any problem in device manager & troubleshoot and it says that the best driver is installed successfully. my dvd-rom...