Windows 10: my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

Discus and support my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work. windows detect the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aliadam711111, Sep 25, 2018.

1. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

hi

I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work.

windows detect the drive without any problem in device manager & troubleshoot and it says that the best driver is installed successfully.

my dvd-rom is Toshiba matshita uj8a0as

and

my device is asus Nseries.

anyone had this problem before or somebody can help me?

:)

aliadam711111, Sep 25, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Sep 25, 2018
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 25, 2018
  4. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

1. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10 - Similar Threads - dvd rom doesn't

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. DVD Rom not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Rom not working: Hi, My DVD player on my HP laptop windows 10 OS is not working. At least, it's not working like it used to when I popped in a DVD, the player opened up, I click on it and the DVD started. No problem. Now, I just hear clicking and a pop up opens and asks me if I want to...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  5. my cd rom doesn't work

my cd rom doesn't work: Dear Sir, My CD ROM doesn't work neither it seen in device manager. How to proceed can you please help me. Laptop specs: Brand : Samsung Model:355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC Windows 10, 64 bit Regards, Nishit...
  6. cd rom doesn't work

cd rom doesn't work: my brand new desktop cannot open the cd rom drive and it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-work/7e6175cc-7ac7-4c6b-897a-58f0aff12313
  7. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  8. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  9. DVD-ROM not working on win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD-ROM not working on win10: Hello, I upgraded for free from Win7 to Win10 when it was offered (was it in 2015 ? I forgot). Since then I have a problem with my DVD-ROM player. The issue wasn't really important before now as I rarely needed to use the player, and I had another (and very inconvenient)...
  10. My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly: Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I put it on my laptop, tried...