Windows 10: My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

Discus and support My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielDennis1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

:)

GabrielDennis1, Nov 26, 2018

2. DVD player does not play after inserting disc

I bought from Microsoft DVD player for $14.99. It opens, there is info:" to play anything insert disc", unfortunately after insertion of disc NOTHING happened.What should I do to DVD player to start play

discs?

Original Title : Dvd player

joannalazuchiewicz, Nov 26, 2018
  3. "Insert a disc" error

Thank you for updating us. For better assistance regarding the "Insert a disc" error that you are experiencing, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried inserting the CD/DVD to another computer?
    • Have you tried inserting a different CD/DVD to your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 26, 2018
  4. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

Can't Format Dvd-RW? (Windows 10)

Hi Hayden,

In order for us to properly address your issue with formatting a DVD-R/RW disc, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Are you getting any error messages when formatting a DVD-R/RW disc?If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried formatting a DVD-R/RW disc to other DVD-R/RW drive?
    • Have you tried inserting other disc like DVD movies or mp3 disc to check if the DVD-R/RW drive is working?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

1. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert... - Similar Threads - DVD player reading

2. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  3. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  4. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  5. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  6. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  7. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  8. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...: So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver and Restart, installs the DVD Burner but I still get the same message. So what gives? BTW I have Windows 10 1803 OS Build...
  9. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  10. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD: This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted. I tried spinning the disk then...