Windows 10: My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD

Discus and support My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before when I tried to put a usb, my phone, then I notice a movie none of these items worked. They worked perfectly find before a few updates ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maggie007911, Oct 24, 2018.

1. My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD

Before when I tried to put a usb, my phone, then I notice a movie none of these items worked. They worked perfectly find before a few updates ago. I went into the device manager I could see the problem was I tried to redownload that particular driver it still didn't work then I had a friend to redownload windows 10 that didn't work. So a few updates came in I got the use of my usb, and able to transfer my music and pictures over to my computer. I was also able to put in a music CD it ripped into my library also played but would not play a movie. I don't know what to do from here. I would appreciate any help that anyone that will offer me.

Thank you

:)

Maggie007911, Oct 24, 2018

2. Unable to play CD/DVD movie

** NEED HELP **..

Upgrading my laptop from W7 to W10, and now that I have done some presentations using PowerPoint from Office 2016 HOME and STUDENT, I made both a DVD and CD; however, NOT able to play them back.. I have W Media player, and Photo Viewer, but doesn't seem
    to work on my laptop. ANY SUGGESTIONS/SOLUTIONS!!

THANKS

Original title: PLAY CD/DVD MOVIE

Louis James, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

Hello,

I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the CD/DVD but when I put a commercial cd music or video, different one, I do have the same popup windows asking to insert the CD. I am not able to view the content at all of all cd I tried.

Searching the net, common solution were provided with no success.

In device manager I uninstall the driver of the cd, and ide controller, rebooted. The new driver did reinstalled but still unable to view the content of the cd.

in control panel, there is an application who search problem with your devices. No error found

On the internet it ask to use and application call fix it, but it's not free.

On the internet it suggest to re edit the registry. The details where to go online does not match what I have on my laptop.

I don't think resetting windows 10 to default will work, because cd never played at all in windows 10.
    Most solution on the internet including the manufacturer lead to the following steps below. I had no luck,

How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10

Can someone help me out?
    S.

sylvaincyr, Oct 24, 2018
  4. WGoepner Win User

My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD

SuperMulti DVD Burner Plays CD ROM only, HP system

Product Name: HP Pavilion p2-1110 PC
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Super Multi DVD Burner will only play CDs, now that I upgraded to windows 10. Every time I insert a DVD I get the Windows DVD player, which says "To play something, insert a DVD", & above the controls it says, "Error: Video could not be decoded", Yet it will play any CD I insert.

HELP please

WGoepner, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD

1. My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD - Similar Threads - DVD play movies

2. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. play cd music

play cd music: play disc music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-cd-music/a6cd6f5c-8832-4205-b112-1193f00c4a9c
  6. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  7. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  8. playing DVD or cd on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    playing DVD or cd on my computer: playing DVD or cd on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/playing-dvd-or-cd-on-my-computer/700415fb-6d3a-4a44-981d-18d9c45deb5e
  9. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0
  10. Auto Play DVD Movie is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Play DVD Movie is not working: I went thru a recent upgrade, and now cannot get the display for the auto play dvd option. Can you please help and find out what I can do to get this feature back? Margie...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD