Windows 10: my e drive needs to be scanned.

Discus and support my e drive needs to be scanned. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop wont read my 16gb SanDisk. The error message is to scan the drive. How to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraJanicek, Nov 16, 2018.

1. my e drive needs to be scanned.

My laptop wont read my 16gb SanDisk. The error message is to scan the drive. How to do?

:)

BarbaraJanicek, Nov 16, 2018
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Brian Cab Win User

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Nov 16, 2018
  4. JoeJY Win User

my e drive needs to be scanned.

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

my e drive needs to be scanned.

1. my e drive needs to be scanned. - Similar Threads - drive needs scanned

2. My E drive not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E drive not opening: When a I try to open my drive which is locked by bit locker but its not asking for password and not respondin, and my bit locker is also missing from controol pannnel, when I check it on service its showing data encryption is not availabale...
  3. My E drive not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My E drive not opening: When a I try to open my drive which is locked by bit locker but its not asking for password and not respondin, and my bit locker is also missing from controol pannnel, when I check it on service its showing data encryption is not availabale...
  4. E drive scan-check for errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E drive scan-check for errors: HI,When going thru my monthly clean up and opimisation, I came across the attached on a non-primary drive.It IS an SSD, I researched and a number of advises correlated into running checkdsk as an admin of course, with '/f /r', after the drive...on a reboot.It found a...
  5. My drive E is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My drive E is deleted: I had a drive E worth 80 gb of data but gone missing from file explorer. I checked the diskmanagement and saw the drive E is free space now. I think the windows update deleted the drive. How can I recover the drive E? [ATTACH]...
  6. My E drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My E drive: my E drive in not working when I put a disk in E drive it say no disk in the drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive/53a37e55-5432-42d7-b596-340e53840688
  7. how to scan a local drive e

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to scan a local drive e: how to scan a local drive e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-a-local-drive-e/5ffd505e-4460-4715-a2dc-724dde84aef7
  8. scan to e-mail

scan to e-mail: Fujitsu Scansnap will not scan to e-mail on one system. Windows 10 pro 64. email is outlook 2019 pro plus. Multiple scansnap scanners fail on this system. Same scanners work on other Windows 10 Pro systems with same email client. All updates installed for Microsoft and...
  9. drive E in my computer

drive E in my computer: I go to computer and my compter. How do I access drive E https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-e-in-my-computer/864063fa-07c9-4ac7-8bfd-14036824f18c
  10. scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scan to e-mail: When I try to scan a copy to e-mail it says check e-mail client settings. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-e-mail/4ea9fa77-5cb7-4ef7-be50-9cb2d4c12ef4