Windows 10: My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

Discus and support My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LOW JIALE DALE, Apr 22, 2024.

1. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?

:)

LOW JIALE DALE, Apr 22, 2024

2. Shift key types letter e

I use both Hebrew and English, when i logged onto the new user i kept every setting on default, and it came with every other program I installed. On the new user the shift key still types the letter e.

When I kept English as the only language it still didn't work.

menahem michalovitz, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Shift key types letter e

My shift key lately has been typing the letter e and not working properly. I've searched everywhere and haven't found a solution to this, even changing keyboards and languages didn't help, the problem is not with the keyboard itself, booting into safe
    mode and the issue persists. At this point I don't know what to do. if anyone knows a fix to this problem please let me know.

menahem michalovitz, Apr 22, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

Hi, in my case, I can select UK, US or UKX (UK extended) keyboards.

è only works with the last of these.
    I don't actually have a single quote key with the reverse slope, only '.

What I do find helps a lot is a tiny free 3rd party program that allow you to press a letter, followed by a key of your choice to cycle through a set of possible characters for a given language.

Thus e followed by F8 => é
    e F8 F8 => è

e F8 F8 F8 => ê

It provides sets for many languages, and you can create your own:

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter 311584d1608565765t-cannot-type-e-using-key-combination-e-problem-diacritics-1.png

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter 311585d1608565862t-cannot-type-e-using-key-combination-e-problem-diacritics-untitled.png

Much more convenient and works anywhere.

More:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-091858ce5a8b
    How to Type Characters with Accents on Windows - Appuals.com
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

dalchina, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

1. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter - Similar Threads - key working occasionally

2. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  3. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  4. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  5. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  6. My laptop keeps spamming the letter "J"

My laptop keeps spamming the letter "J": Hello Paul Navera! Similar to Ineedhelp my laptop also spams one key which is the letter "j" I have tried running windows security to see if there is any malware and have also tried running keyboard tester. Both when tested kept spamming "j" especially when I was trying the...
  7. My laptop keeps spamming the letter "J"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps spamming the letter "J": Hello Paul Navera! Similar to Ineedhelp my laptop also spams one key which is the letter "j" I have tried running windows security to see if there is any malware and have also tried running keyboard tester. Both when tested kept spamming "j" especially when I was trying the...
  8. My laptop keeps spamming the letter "J"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn't work occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn't work occasionally: I am using the Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 laptop, and when i restart the laptop or turn my laptop on after letting it sleep , the 't','y','tab',and 'windows' key don't work, after waiting a while, it would work back again, i want to just solve this problem permanently, I've done...
  10. Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn't work occasionally

Some keys on my laptop keyboard doesn't work occasionally: I am using the Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 laptop, and when i restart the laptop or turn my laptop on after letting it sleep , the 't','y','tab',and 'windows' key don't work, after waiting a while, it would work back again, i want to just solve this problem permanently, I've done...