Windows 10: My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help!

Discus and support My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about a week, but my sound from my earphones completely stopped working and I cant find anywhere to fix it. For the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon_Nimb, Jul 4, 2018.

1. My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help!

I've been having this problem for about a week, but my sound from my earphones completely stopped working and I cant find anywhere to fix it. For the most part, my headphone jack isn't detecting any of the earphones I put in it. First, I've tried updating my Realtek Audio drivers and even reinstalling the drivers, but it does not help. I even attempt to open the audio manager, but it refuse to open, even as administrator. Next, I tried opening my sound settings to see if my headphones are disabled, but nothing else popped up. Then, I tried rolling back my systems via system restore; then the worst thing happened. My computer keep restarting with auto-repair screens, so I have no other option but to factory reset my computer. Fortunately, my earphones managed to work again but now the speakers managed to work as well instead of being disabled. So I need help fixing this.

Here is my PC:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 5750Z
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.13 (type: BIOS)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    -------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10250504&REV_1001
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8186 (English)

:)

Brandon_Nimb, Jul 4, 2018
  2. applepie Win User

Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, Jan 29, 2020
  4. My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help!

No sound coming out of earphones (ONLY speakers work)

Funny, I have the exact OPPOSITE problem right now after doing a clean install of Windows 10. No sound from laptop speakers, only head phones ...

GatsbyGlen, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help!

1. My earphones and and speakers work at the same time Please help! - Similar Threads - earphones speakers same

2. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  3. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  4. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux: Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work. Please look into the problem both the aux are not working...
  5. My earphone's mic not detecting please help me!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My earphone's mic not detecting please help me!: I hava this laptop and these earphones so when I connect it to my laptop it doesn't use my earphone's mic at all and uses mic from laptop and just uses my earphones as a speaker. I should be showing as a headset because it has a mic but it is just showing a headphone...
  6. Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time

Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time: I'm using Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday when I start my laptop and join a discord session, I figured that discord was not picking up my sound, and I can't hear them talking too. So I went to watch a youtube and it was proved that system sound was not working. I went through both...
  7. headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update: i have this problem where after the 1903 update my laptop has sounds coming from the speaker and headphones when i unplug or plug in the headphone it doesnt say audiojack is plug in by something i need help please...
  8. Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.: [ATTACH] I have two sets of speakers which don't work at the same time. I have my headphones which are shown as 'speakers' but I also have speakers connected which don't show up. But when I unplug my headphones 'speakers' become my actual speakers and then work fine. This is...
  9. Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?

Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?: Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me? I connected my YU Earphones to a friends computer, and I was surprised that I could hear everything from the earphones and Also record from it at the same time!! Whenever I talked into the mic that the earphones have, I could hear my voice...
  10. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...