Windows 10: My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...

Discus and support My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tested my earphones on other devices and even tried different earphones on my Dell laptop and the issue is the same. So it isn't the earphones being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _Harbinger, Jun 7, 2020.

1. My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...

I tested my earphones on other devices and even tried different earphones on my Dell laptop and the issue is the same. So it isn't the earphones being damaged or anything like that. The jack works because they function properly if I startup my laptop with them plugged in. But as soon as i unplug them I have to restart my computer with them plugged in again to get audio. I tried a lot of things... Disabled and enabled the drivers, reinstalled them in multiple ways, I tried troubleshooting the issue and it can't detect any problems and no new updates for any kind of drivers are available. There is only 1 device set as default and it's "Speakers and headphones", all my enhancements are turned off. I just replaced my HDD with an SSD so my computer literally just had it's fresh start. If anyone can please help me sort this out it's rather frustrating.

:)

_Harbinger, Jun 7, 2020

2. Earphones

when I plug my earphones into my laptop to listen to anything I can,t hear anything .I have even used other earphones and the same results nothing .How do I get my earphones working again

1. I have windows 8

geraldcassidy1, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 7, 2020
  4. My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...

Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...

1. My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't... - Similar Threads - earphones start computer

2. Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging: Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging. Drivers are up to date, installing the driver and reinstalling did not solve it. The only way to get Windows detecting the earphones is by restarting the computer or disabling and reenabling or uninstalling and...
  3. Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging: Windows not detecting earphones plugged in after unplugging. Drivers are up to date, installing the driver and reinstalling did not solve it. The only way to get Windows detecting the earphones is by restarting the computer or disabling and reenabling or uninstalling and...
  4. Headphones and Mic don't work after I unplug them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones and Mic don't work after I unplug them: Recently when I start up my computer with my Headphones plugged in, they start out working fine, but once I unplug them and try to plug them back in Windows no longer recognizes it. After that, the headphones only work once I completely restart the laptop. I've tried going to...
  5. I get a static noise when I plug my earphones into computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get a static noise when I plug my earphones into computer.: (Not a hardware issue) previously used Linux Mint and didn't face this issue. I tried a couple of methods like updating the drivers for sound etc etc but nothing seemed to work. submitted by /u/Aayush711 [link] [comments]...
  6. Headphones wont work after unplugging them and plugging them back in.

Headphones wont work after unplugging them and plugging them back in.: I've had this problem for about a month now and I cant find a fix for it. When ever i plug them in after startup a message will appear asking what I plugged in but if I unplug them after that they just wont work. Most fixes I've seen says to go to the control...
  7. Headphones only work when I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug them and...

Headphones only work when I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug them and...: I found a few solutions online, and none of them worked. submitted by /u/vanhalen325 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqz9eu/headphones_only_work_when_i_start_my_computer/
  8. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.: My computer doesn't recognize the earphones I plugged in after removing it, but it does so after restarting the pc while the earphone is plugged, plz help me fix it, i have only i earphone agd need to keep removing it from my pc as i play games too, help...
  9. Headphones only work after I restart my computer with them plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones only work after I restart my computer with them plugged in: I have an Acer laptop running windows 10 home with the Realtek 6.0.8904.1 driver. The computer also has 2 other main sound drivers: Intel display audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDB. I also have 2 other sounds drivers but those are both for my JBL 120TWS...
  10. Unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in causes my computer to switch to it's...

Unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in causes my computer to switch to it's...: I have a Dell g7 model 7588 and my headphones and jack worked fine until today. Whenever I restart my computer I can use my headphones fine but as soon as I unplug and re-plug them my computer switches to it's speakers even when the headphones are plugged in. In my audio...