Windows 10: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

Discus and support My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clyde Reynolds1, Jan 28, 2022.

1. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?

:)

Clyde Reynolds1, Jan 28, 2022
  2. EileenP Win User

Browser History Missing in EDGE

Your answer is not helpful. How did I discover I couldn't access the history? By following all the steps you listed below.

Edge has problems and for this reason Chrome is now my browser and I am very happy. Absolutely no freezing !!!

EileenP, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 28, 2022
  4. JK_33855 Win User

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

Windows 10/Edge freezes

Hi, we continue to have issues with edge freezing before and after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493). We have reset Microsoft Edge Browser. We also performed SFC/SCANNOW without any issue with and without a
    clean boot. We do not experience the freezing with either IE or Fire Fox on any site. We hope helps us. Kindest regards.

JK_33855, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

1. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome browsers

2. freezes Edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  3. freezes Edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  4. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  5. Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.: And... replaces my wallpaper, deletes the accounts signed in on chrome, and deletes my steam shortcutsand only the games, nothing else, not even not steam games, and for some reason resets Team fortress 2's resolution settings... and only that particular setting....
  6. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  7. Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!: My browsers (both Edge 87.0.664.55 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88) freeze for about 2 - 2.5 minutes randomly! This is a fresh clean install of Windows10pro and did it before with the last install as well (I have all updates etc for win10pro 20H2, and latest Edge and Chrome.) It's...
  8. Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing: I am an essay writer and working for an essay writing service. My nature of job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and tools for my research, analysis and writing. I am encountering this issue from few days that whenever I use my browser in...
  9. All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.: I have Windows 10 and I have all the updates. What started as my browsers slowing down after 7pm are now happening all the time. Both Edge and Chrome don't respond continuously to the point I can't use them. It's worse with Youtube and Facebook, but even without those two it...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser freezes

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge browser freezes: event viewer shows, Error 8/23/2018 1:43:14 PM Application Error 1000 (100) MicrosoftEdge.exe 11.0.17134.228 5b63cc97 ntdll.dll 10.0.17134.228 6d15b6d7 cfffffff 000000000009d7a4 3014 01d43a67290030d3...