Windows 10: My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus

Discus and support My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was browsing a website, and I went to click on something, and I got this annoying url popup with a page that displays a blue screen, and a voice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJD, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MJD
    MJD Win User

My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus

So I was browsing a website, and I went to click on something, and I got this annoying url popup with a page that displays a blue screen, and a voice that tells me I have a virus and to call a telephone number, even though that isn't true. Well.. I figured hm, maybe if I sign out of windows and then sign back in that'll fix it, but nope it didn't. I wish there were more options when you right click on the Edge browser to launch it.

My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus [​IMG]

The only way to close it is to end task in task manager.

:)

2. Messages telling me that I have a virus and need to call them.

First... Are these messages locking up the browser- making it impossible to close either Edge or Internet Explorer?

These messages are just random pop-up messages or webpages you're being redirected to.

Don't ever call one of these companies. They know nothing about your computer and just want to charge you for services you don't need.

If you're seeing more than one or two of these per day, there may be malware installed.

Go to
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

Follow the instructions and run the recommended programs. You will probably not have to run HitmanPro. Save that free trial for sometime when you really do need it.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 13, 2015
  3. jcuriousg Win User
    Messages telling me that I have a virus and need to call them.

If I download from windows 10, I get interference from companies that tell me I have virus and need call them to fix. when I call they hang up the phone. They say that they represent Microsoft. How do I get this type of situation from happening again?

[Original title: Windows 10]

jcuriousg, Aug 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2015
  5. MJD
    MJD Win User
    It's not....the browser itself is just stuck on that page.

6. MJD
    MJD Win User
  7. MJD
    MJD Win User
    Clearing temp files solved this.

8. My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus

Edit: Next time try Hitting ctrl + alt + del and select task manager, then select Edge and click end task.

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2015
  9. MJD
    MJD Win User
    It's not IE, it's Edge. Also I have task manager pinned to my taskbar.

10. I figured that out after I posted and did an edit.

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2015
  11. MJD
    MJD Win User
    Oh alright haha *Smile

12. amps9 Win User
    has anyone else had edge decide to go to: freeiphone6giveaway-winners-today-yay7.com
    is it defender giving dialog box with warning and choice to leave or stay, but trying to leave just leads to looping the box.
    yeah, I know how to break out of it, but I should not have to use TM to ET.
    it's a bug and I just went back to EI.

amps9, Aug 14, 2015
  13. My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus

It's well known Ransomware, I've seen this before in my PC magazine - the best way to clear it is disconnect from thei tenet and run. AV scan.

kuyenmotdivad, Aug 15, 2015
  14. What's the link please for further investigation? Very good title.

MikeMecanic, Aug 15, 2015
  15. I've seen those web pages, if you don't actually click yes etc, you can Ctrl Alt Del and use task manager to kill IE or Edge. Click the wrong button/box on that page though and you can get infected.

alphanumeric, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus - Similar Threads - Edge browser stuck

2. Win10 Browser Redirect Virus on Microsoft Edge Browser,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Browser Redirect Virus on Microsoft Edge Browser,: Hello, A Browser Redirect Virus is showing up on my PC, since Nov '22, while I'm using Win 10 Pro and the Microsoft Edge Browser. Just did a full PC scan with MS Safety Scanner, along with more previous PC Norton full scans: yet so far, no virus was found... Will also try...
  3. Win10 Browser Redirect Virus on Microsoft Edge Browser,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Browser Redirect Virus on Microsoft Edge Browser,: Hello, A Browser Redirect Virus is showing up on my PC, since Nov '22, while I'm using Win 10 Pro and the Microsoft Edge Browser. Just did a full PC scan with MS Safety Scanner, along with more previous PC Norton full scans: yet so far, no virus was found... Will also try...
  4. Win10 Browser Redirect Virus on Microsoft Edge Browser,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  6. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  7. Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus: I've downloaded a file which turned out to have a virus. I've removed it manually, but Windows Defender keeps telling me that there is a malicious file present, despite the file no longer existing. I've did a deep ESET and Norton scan that found nothing, but Windows Defender...
  8. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

in Browsers and Email
    I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it: I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser. 161252
  9. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

in Windows 10 Support
    I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it: I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser. 161252
  10. FaceBook tells me to change Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FaceBook tells me to change Browser: FaceBook telling me to change Browser (Using the MSN "butterfly" link)...….Why, or how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-tells-me-to-change-browser/0ad2b96c-b85a-4fe7-af73-ee5bb9e93abf