Windows 10: My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Discus and support My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I turn on Edge, it boots up in Canadian Mode. I need it to boot up in Eastern USA Mode. The news feeds I get are from Canada and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019.

1. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Every time I turn on Edge, it boots up in Canadian Mode. I need it to boot up in Eastern USA Mode. The news feeds I get are from Canada and not USA-Eastern. If I try getting MSN from there, I once again wind up in Canada. I live in the USA.

ShermDawg8350

:)

ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Jan 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode.  How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Jan 12, 2019
  4. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Boots up in Flight Mode

There are two reasons why your Booklet might boot in flight mode:

• It was in flight mode when it was shut down (it will remember when it is restarted); and
    • If you hold the power button down for around 2 seconds when you turn the Booklet on, it will boot in flight mode.
    Hope this helps!

- Miles.

milesr---01, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

1. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? - Similar Threads - Edge Start Page

2. START UP ON BATTERY MODE FAILS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    START UP ON BATTERY MODE FAILS: DELL LATITUDE E7240 not starting in battery mode. I have to plug in first start and then everything is normal. Work I battery mode etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-on-battery-mode-fails/5ac35a21-c036-4d47-a4a2-dcdbc0279163
  3. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....
  4. Booting up Explorer & Start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up Explorer & Start page: I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?...
  5. Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap on Boot-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap on Boot-up: Hi I have a bit of a weird problem in that in about one out of every five reboots my PC fails to boot up first time and comes up with an UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP (which I believe is designated code 7F). It then has another go and is generally successful. This morning I...
  6. How Do I Get My Mouse to Boot Up Fast at Bootup?

How Do I Get My Mouse to Boot Up Fast at Bootup?: When I boot up my PC its takes a while for the mouse drivers to kick in before I'm able to use it. How do I get the mouse to start up as quickly as booting up the pC? 100110
  7. How do I -always- boot in "Disable driver signing" mode...?

How do I -always- boot in "Disable driver signing" mode...?: I have Win10 Pro. How do I always automatically boot in "disable signed driver mode" and make this a permanent automatic thing? 92633
  8. How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh!

in Windows 10 Support
    How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh!: Computer is blue screening with either a DPC Watchdog or a Driver Power State error before I get to a desktop to do anything. This rules our msconfig, shift+restart, or anything else that has to be done from within Windows. F8 doesn't seem to work anymore as that does...
  9. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...
  10. How do you get into safe mode if you can't get passed boot up screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get into safe mode if you can't get passed boot up screen?: My son's laptop runs windows 10. He is unsure if he got a virus or there is some other failure with hardware/software. We want to get into safe mode or just reinstall windows if possible. When he tries to get onto windows, the laptop boots up. Before it goes to the log on...