Windows 10: My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Discus and support My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I turn on Edge, it boots up in Canadian Mode. I need it to boot up in Eastern USA Mode. The news feeds I get are from Canada and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019.

1. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Every time I turn on Edge, it boots up in Canadian Mode. I need it to boot up in Eastern USA Mode. The news feeds I get are from Canada and not USA-Eastern. If I try getting MSN from there, I once again wind up in Canada. I live in the USA.

ShermDawg8350

:)

ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Jan 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode.  How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Jan 12, 2019
  4. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

Boots up in Flight Mode

There are two reasons why your Booklet might boot in flight mode:

• It was in flight mode when it was shut down (it will remember when it is restarted); and
    • If you hold the power button down for around 2 seconds when you turn the Booklet on, it will boot in flight mode.
    Hope this helps!

- Miles.

milesr---01, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode?

1. My Edge Start Page boots up in Canadian mode. How do I get it to boot up in USA Eastern Mode? - Similar Threads - Edge Start Page

2. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  3. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  4. No means of booting up into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No means of booting up into safe mode: I tried to restore a previous version of Windows 10 but have become stuck in a loop where it crashes with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Ntfs.sys, restarts and the same happens again.I have been unable to boot up in safe mode - I have tried booting up with F8, booting up...
  5. No means of booting up into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No means of booting up into safe mode: I tried to restore a previous version of Windows 10 but have become stuck in a loop where it crashes with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Ntfs.sys, restarts and the same happens again.I have been unable to boot up in safe mode - I have tried booting up with F8, booting up...
  6. Sleep mode booting up normally.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode booting up normally.: So I keep putting my computer on sleep mode and it keeps booting up normally. My tabs are gone all the windows I had open gone. It basically boots up normally as if I just shut it down....
  7. VM booting up to setup mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VM booting up to setup mode: I recently made a vm using virtualbox running windows 10. however, when I start the vm it boots into setup mode and i have to reinstall windows every time i want to use it. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/kevlu8 [link] [comments]...
  8. Sleep Mode Booting Up Incorrectly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Booting Up Incorrectly: Something is wrong with my pc when I sleep it. I will walk you through what happens in order 1. I sleep my pc and it turns of correctly, my screen turns off and so does my pc. 2. I use my keyboard to wake it up from sleep and when I do my monitor gives me a screen with no...
  9. Booting up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up in safe mode: Not sure if F 5 or F 8 works anymore I can't get the system to boot up in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-in-safe-mode/17b87b6c-1dd6-451d-83c6-883be459f360
  10. Booting up Explorer & Start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up Explorer & Start page: I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge boots up as explorer