Windows 10: My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...

Discus and support My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My mother never used the laptop and has dementia so she doesn't know the pin. I tried too many times, so no "forgot my pin" comes up anymore. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sabrina_4389, Jun 4, 2023.

1. My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...

My mother never used the laptop and has dementia so she doesn't know the pin. I tried too many times, so no "forgot my pin" comes up anymore. How do I create a new account for my son and get on the laptop? It's literally been used twice in 2 years.

:)

Sabrina_4389, Jun 4, 2023

2. Elderly

Let's stick to one topic and leave the emotional stuff aside. To print a picture from anywhere, do this:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for snippingtool.exe.
    2. Drag it onto the Task Bar so that it is always easily accessible.
    3. Click it on the Task Bar to open it.
    4. Use your mouse to draw a frame around any screen area.
    5. Click File, then Print.
    Step 4 depends a bit on your version of Windows (which you did not state).

Frederik Long, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Elderly

Hi Windows, my mother only wants to access emails, the pictures they have, to be able to print these and light entertainment such as youtube cute animal videos. Do you have a disabled setting for the elderly? If not why not? Not all are clueded on
    to learning in their later life? Why do you update your versions but make elderly learn this new crap and make the previous version not an option in the new "windows"? I wish you had a viable competitor Windows. Frustrated, Doug

DougCoyle1, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Hkcuong Win User

My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...

Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...

1. My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to... - Similar Threads - elderly mother has

2. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  3. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  4. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...

My elderly mother has a laptop that has not been used in almost 2 years, and I'm trying to...: My mother never used the laptop and has dementia so she doesn't know the pin. I tried too many times, so no "forgot my pin" comes up anymore. How do I create a new account for my son and get on the laptop? It's literally been used twice in 2 years....
  6. My Windows laptop has been like this for years and I wanna fix it.

My Windows laptop has been like this for years and I wanna fix it.: Two years ago my laptop broke and it’s been stuck on a screen saying: “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:1. Insert your Windows Installation disc and restart your computer.2. Choose your language settings, and...
  7. My Windows laptop has been like this for years and I wanna fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows laptop has been like this for years and I wanna fix it.: Two years ago my laptop broke and it’s been stuck on a screen saying: “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:1. Insert your Windows Installation disc and restart your computer.2. Choose your language settings, and...
  8. My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.: I have had a problem, I have two moniters, but my newer monitor/tv has stopped working, while i was playing a game, preferably beamng, The tv turned off out of nowhere. It will not turn on anymore. Before it stopped working, the tv had a darker spot in the top right corner....
  9. My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.

My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.: I have had a problem, I have two moniters, but my newer monitor/tv has stopped working, while i was playing a game, preferably beamng, The tv turned off out of nowhere. It will not turn on anymore. Before it stopped working, the tv had a darker spot in the top right corner....
  10. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...