Windows 10: My email address has been corrupted

Discus and support My email address has been corrupted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence. Is there anything you can do to help?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SharonAlleary, Feb 11, 2021.

1. My email address has been corrupted

People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence.

Is there anything you can do to help?

:)

SharonAlleary, Feb 11, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. My email address has been corrupted

Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing in Mail app while adding the email address.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail and Calendar app installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen for all the emails?
    • Do you see the unknown email address when typing in the "To" filed or does it add automatically while you send?

The suggestions of email address can be from the emails that you may have received or sent. You may want to search the mailbox if emails from this address exists.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the
      Mail and Calendar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

My email address has been corrupted

1. My email address has been corrupted - Similar Threads - email address has

2. How do i change my email address since my primary non-microsoft email address has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my email address since my primary non-microsoft email address has been...: I found recently that my email account has been locked out and I have lost access to it. Is there a way to change my email address on my microsoft account?...
  3. My email has been changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email has been changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows: Hello, like a month ago I noticed that in my Microsoft Edge app, there is a profile with the email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" that I can use to login even though I don't know the password to it".When I run "netplwiz" there is also the email "*** Email...
  4. My email has been changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email has been changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows: Hello, like a month ago I noticed that in my Microsoft Edge app, there is a profile with the email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" that I can use to login even though I don't know the password to it".When I run "netplwiz" there is also the email "*** Email...
  5. My email has been changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker: My computer was recently hacked and my account’s email got changed from a gmail address to an @rambler.ru one.I managed to get the account back by filling out the account verification form. I couldn’t change my email back to gmail address, since it takes 30 days to verify and...
  7. My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker: My computer was recently hacked and my account’s email got changed from a gmail address to an @rambler.ru one.I managed to get the account back by filling out the account verification form. I couldn’t change my email back to gmail address, since it takes 30 days to verify and...
  8. My email has been changed to a rambler.ru address by hacker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  10. <email@address>has already been added to this PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...