Windows 10: My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added...

Discus and support My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Under Settings/Accounts/Family & Other Users, my own email address is listed under "Your Family". [ATTACH] As the title says, I've never created a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RoyalAce, Apr 8, 2020.

1. RoyalAce Win User

My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added...

Under Settings/Accounts/Family & Other Users, my own email address is listed under "Your Family".

My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added... 29eb443e-2465-48e7-bd1b-1ab9fa31d10d?upload=true.jpg

As the title says, I've never created a "family" group, nor have I ever added anyone to one. Clicking on it only gives me the option to allow it to sign on, or to change it from a standard to administrator account. When I click on "Manage family settings online", it takes me to the Microsoft Family webpage and, get this, it asks me to set up a family group!

How do I delete this imposter account from my PC?

:)

RoyalAce, Apr 8, 2020

2. Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to create a new email address for your son and add to the family account and check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    microsoft family questions

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    We suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue still persists. You may follow the steps below:

Remove a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family using the parent account.
    • Click the More button next to the child account that you want to remove.
    • Then click Remove from family. Click again on
      Remove to confirm.

Add a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
      using the parent account.
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added...

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. My email address is listed under "Your Family", I've never created a family group or added... - Similar Threads - email address listed

2. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  3. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  4. Unalbe to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  5. Unalbe to create Family Group

Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  6. I never created a family group, there is an unrecognized email that I am unable to delete...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never created a family group, there is an unrecognized email that I am unable to delete...: Why is there a family group?I never added the 4 year family member; I am not the guardian who added this member therefore Microsoft will not allow me to remove the child member...Is this evidence of compromise to my account?...
  7. I never created a family group, there is an unrecognized email that I am unable to delete...

I never created a family group, there is an unrecognized email that I am unable to delete...: Why is there a family group?I never added the 4 year family member; I am not the guardian who added this member therefore Microsoft will not allow me to remove the child member...Is this evidence of compromise to my account?...
  8. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  9. Issues With Creating a Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues With Creating a Family Group: So I've been having issues creating a family group and every time I try to invite someone it keeps on popping up a message saying "it's not you, it's us." This started happening just after I deleted the family group I've already had. I've even tried inviting myself to a...
  10. Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group: How to: Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group How to Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store. Once you set up your family...