Windows 10: My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

Discus and support My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WillemVU, May 27, 2020.

1. WillemVU Win User

My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I have signed in on this computer hundreds of times before. The only email that was associated with my account will not receive these codes for some reason they don't show up anywhere, including spam, and the sender is not blocked or flagged which is entirely the reason I was attempting to change it in the first place. So then I decided to try and add a phone number to my account as an easier way to get the code quickly, which went well up until the point I realized that it has locked me from using that for 30 days. Now, because of that request, I cannot even access even trivial parts of my account and, Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that in order to just CANCEL this request, I NEED A SECURITY CODE from the email that cannot receive them. Predictably, their support page has been worse than useless on the matter so here I am. I cannot for the life of me understand why this appears to be so hard for them to figure out. Literally EVERY other program and company I've ever used for anything including those that deal with WAY more sensitive information has a better system than this. Although I guess when you believe that people will actually use Edge and Main, you have to be a bit delusional. I get that keeping bad people out of your stuff is great, but it shouldn't lock the rightful owner out for an entire month just because you want to change your email. Although I have greatly preferred PCs for my entire life, I have to say that I have never once had an issue like this with an Apple product or account and security is a critical component of their marketing. Microsoft is making a strong case against themselves with this one and, given that I have been trying to solve this for more than three consecutive hours, I am more than a little fed up with their system.

What are my options here, given that waiting out the 30 days is not on the table?

:)

WillemVU, May 27, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 27, 2020
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, May 27, 2020
  4. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I continue to get “Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” I want to use an alternate email address to request
    a code! Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account using an alternate email address ASAP!

SSJ9BKDylan, May 27, 2020
Thema:

My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

1. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account... - Similar Threads - email address receive

2. My Microsoft 365 has locked me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft 365 has locked me out.: My Microsoft 365 has locked me out. It does not remember the password every time I change it. I was on another computer that crashed and got a new one. But it acts like my account don't exist. This is my college account, and I cannot get anything from it is there a support...
  3. My Microsoft 365 has locked me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft 365 has locked me out.: My Microsoft 365 has locked me out. It does not remember the password every time I change it. I was on another computer that crashed and got a new one. But it acts like my account don't exist. This is my college account, and I cannot get anything from it is there a support...
  4. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...: As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard...
  5. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...: As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard...
  6. Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer

Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer: I need to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I went to log in to my Microsoft account to retrieve it but was required to enter a verification code. I did not receive the verification code, so I followed all of these instructions: Microsoft account security info & verification...
  7. Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer: I need to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I went to log in to my Microsoft account to retrieve it but was required to enter a verification code. I did not receive the verification code, so I followed all of these instructions: Microsoft account security info & verification...
  8. To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????: To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ???? My old email address with Bell Canada is defunct so I can't sign in to my Home Network to WIFI connect a Printer. Do I really have to wait 30 flippin' days to get authorized again. Please...
  9. Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.: Hello, I can sign in to my Microsoft account on my trusted devices. However, if I try to sign in on another computer it asks for my phone number and tells me the phone number or is incorrect. I have verified my email address and phone number are entered correctly. When I...
  10. Locked out of account, code not arriving in email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account, code not arriving in email: I had a local windows account with a password that was working fine until Microsoft forced a PIN on me one update. I finally got around to removing it and was asked for my (microsoft) password. I tried several including the one I use for login, and it didn't work, so I reset...