Windows 10: My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

Discus and support My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have an issue I cannot figure out. I bought recently a notebook, with a preinstalled version of Windows 10. At this point the embedded audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean-Milost Reymond, Oct 22, 2021.

1. My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

Hello,I have an issue I cannot figure out. I bought recently a notebook, with a preinstalled version of Windows 10. At this point the embedded audio device was working well, I tested it.I then registered my new Windows 10, I configured my account, and I updated it, at it was quite outdated. The update worked well, but after that my embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work. And there is no way to get it back.I already tried to:- Verify in the Device Manager if all my drivers were well installed, and reinstalled those which could present an issue- Check in Windows Update if there were opti

:)

Jean-Milost Reymond, Oct 22, 2021

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2021
  3. After crashing, audio stopped working

Hi!

Today I was using my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly crashed. Afterwards, when it turned back on, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried many proposals from other related posts such as unistalling drivers, updating drivers, checking if windows audio is running in Services and is set on Automatic; running troubleshooter, etc. but the sound is still not working.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Jess332211, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Aceman.au Win User

My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

1. My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update - Similar Threads - embedded audio device

2. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  3. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  4. My audio suddenly stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  5. My audio suddenly stopped

My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  6. My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update: Hello,I have an issue I cannot figure out. I bought recently a notebook, with a preinstalled version of Windows 10. At this point the embedded audio device was working well, I tested it.I then registered my new Windows 10, I configured my account, and I updated it, at it was...
  7. My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update

My embedded audio device suddenly stopped to work after a Win10 update: Hello,I have an issue I cannot figure out. I bought recently a notebook, with a preinstalled version of Windows 10. At this point the embedded audio device was working well, I tested it.I then registered my new Windows 10, I configured my account, and I updated it, at it was...
  8. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update: My laptop is a Dell G7 7588 running Windows 10 Home version 20H2. After a recent forced restart and update, my built-in RealtekR Audio microphone appears nonexistent to the other programs on my laptop. While it does appear in the Device Manager under Sound, video and game...
  9. Audio suddenly stopped working

Audio suddenly stopped working: Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-stopped-working/243747e9-941d-49ff-9566-b2a29a855d5f
  10. Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!: After I closed my laptop and put it into sleep mode and opened it again, there was no audio so I checked the corner of my screen and it has a red cross over the audio sign with the message "no audio output device is installed". I went on my device managers and saw this:...