Windows 10: My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it

Discus and support My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Did a fresh Win 10 x64 install with a clean GPT disk format. Had a very important .text file saved on an external SSD full of passwords, that i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/khianti, Nov 25, 2020.

1. My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it

Did a fresh Win 10 x64 install with a clean GPT disk format.

Had a very important .text file saved on an external SSD full of passwords, that i'm trying to move to my HDD on the Pc.

Just selecting the file by clicking on it I'm expected to get the 1 minute message every time. Not to mention double clicking it.

"Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, You should close this message now and save your work."

Just before auto-restarting there is a small pop-up about "taskhostw.exe".

The new OS is win10 x64 20h2 (19042,546 compact and ultra-lite) it's not the same as the old win10 version unfortunately.

submitted by /u/khianti
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/khianti, Nov 25, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 25, 2020
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Nov 25, 2020
  4. My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it

1. My encrypted .text file restarts my fresh Win10 install when trying to openg it - Similar Threads - encrypted text file

2. Fresh win10 install on sshd

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh win10 install on sshd: I had to do my build over as I was having issue with my firecuda sshd booting or even accepting win 10 after cleaning and formatting and redownloading I reinstalled from usb to the ssd win 10 os this time I got a miracle and with the ssd being the only thing in my bios that...
  3. Problem when trying to access previously encrypted file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when trying to access previously encrypted file: So I have a problem accessing previously encrypted files. I get 0x80071771 error code for everything I try to do. I can't change ownership and can't decrypt them. The PC hasn't been reinstalled or anything. Just one of the hard disks where the files were was off for a week or...
  4. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  5. All my files ENCRYPTED

All my files ENCRYPTED: hi I found all my fiIes ENCRYPTED . ..then ifound text in all folder saying that """---------------------------------------------- ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ----------------------------------------------- Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files...
  6. Can not fresh restart my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not fresh restart my PC: I have tried every option possible. When i go to setting and go to recovery when i click on "Get Started" nothing happens. I have tried getting into Advanced boot options also but I cant not get into that either. I have tried through CMD and every option available to get to...
  7. Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Fresh install black screen after the first restart: Hi, I have decided to do a fresh windows 10 install on my laptop (dell xps17), I upgraded it a while back from win7 to win 10 and it ran fine. I created the installtion media through the windows iso download tool and am using a USB to do the install. After booting to the...
  8. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  9. Encrypt My All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypt My All Files: Hi All i encrypt some files (Properties ->General ->advanced ) but from that time any file i created it , it become encrypt defalutly , how fix it? 22046
  10. I've lost all my files to encryption after transfer and fresh boot

in Windows 10 Support
    I've lost all my files to encryption after transfer and fresh boot: I could really use someones help here, I'm on the verge of panic. I was running windows 10 but I decided to do a fresh install of windows 7 pro. So i backed up all of my files onto a 500gb passport type portable drive. Now after the transfer, both the files on my PC and...