Windows 10: my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

Discus and support my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Satwhit, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Satwhit Win User

my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click properties i then click advanced and i see that the encryption option is greyed out so i cant even use it i've tryed a lot of things none of them worked is there anyway i can download a Bitlocker? because it seem my computer isn't like anyone else windows 10 home computer. I also have a virus its always running so i go to setttings then i go to update & security i then click on windows security i press open windows security then i see that app

:)

Satwhit, Jan 15, 2022

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jan 15, 2022
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 15, 2022
  4. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

Windows XP file encryption

Well it's encryption, not meant to be broken. If you can find something that breaks encryption. Your files wont be perfect.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

1. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer - Similar Threads - Encryption wont files

2. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  3. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  4. I have virus in my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click properties i then click advanced and i see that the encryption option is greyed out so i cant even use it i've tryed a lot of...
  6. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click properties i then click advanced and i see that the encryption option is greyed out so i cant even use it i've tryed a lot of...
  7. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: so i have a windows 10 im trying to Encrypt a empty file folder but for some reason i can't i go to properties on the folder then i click advanced in general and i see that the Encryption button is grayed out it doesn't work i try everything searching on the Microsoft website...
  8. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: so i have a windows 10 im trying to Encrypt a empty file folder but for some reason i can't i go to properties on the folder then i click advanced in general and i see that the Encryption button is grayed out it doesn't work i try everything searching on the Microsoft website...
  9. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer: I encrypted files on my old computer and I have the certificate and remember its password. I moved all my files with the certificate to an external SSD and deleted my user on the old computer and sold it.Now on my new computer MacBook Pro 16 2019 with Win10 on Bootcamp I...