Windows 10: My enter key is acting like a left click.

Discus and support My enter key is acting like a left click. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anytime I press the enter key, not the one on the number pad, it acts like a left click and brings up the paste/copy window and I cant find out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ericnutt1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ericnutt1 Win User

My enter key is acting like a left click.

Anytime I press the enter key, not the one on the number pad, it acts like a left click and brings up the paste/copy window and I cant find out how to fix it. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

ericnutt1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. BenGish Win User

Left clicking acts like right click

Recently, post windows update 4/‎10/‎2018, when attempting to left click & drag (ex. moving a window or dragging a scroll bar or moving a shortcut on the desktop) the properties menu of a right mouse click opens. Similar to description of ( Left clicking acts like right click
    ).

I have not yet attempted to roll back the update but all other suggestions within the post mentioned above have failed to resolve the issue. No hardware changes have been made in the time frame. The only other software change in the time frame has been an
    nVidia graphics driver update.

BenGish, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Left clicking acts like right click

Do you have a different mouse that you can use? Let's try checking if the issue is with your computer settings. Plug in a different mouse, then check if the issue persists. Also, let's check your additional mouse options. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type mouse settings on the search bar, then press the Enter key.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Under Button configuration, check if Switch primary and secondary buttons is checked. If yes, kindly uncheck it.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Feb 13, 2020
  4. My enter key is acting like a left click.

Left clicking acts like right click

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your mouse can occur due to several reasons, such as incorrect mouse settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you tried checking your mouse settings? To do so, kindly type mouse settings on the search bar, then press the
      Enter key. Check if Left is selected as your primary button.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

My enter key is acting like a left click.

1. My enter key is acting like a left click. - Similar Threads - enter key acting

2. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  3. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  4. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  5. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  6. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  7. Left click acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click acting up: Very quick question but I can find no solution online. Whenever I press a key on my keyboard I cant use the left click until after a couple seconds of there being no keyboard inputs submitted by /u/MasterSord22 [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  9. Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]

Enter key is acting as left mouse click [Solved]: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....
  10. Enter key is acting as left mouse click

Enter key is acting as left mouse click: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....