Windows 10: My entire computer stopped working with apps

Discus and support My entire computer stopped working with apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I literally don't even know where to start. I'm good with computers, but not with the intricacies of windows software. But, PLEASE, bear with me since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaxAaron, Apr 3, 2020.

1. MaxAaron Win User

My entire computer stopped working with apps

I literally don't even know where to start. I'm good with computers, but not with the intricacies of windows software. But, PLEASE, bear with me since in this time of remote work and learning, I need to get this fixed.

It started a few days ago when I tried to open mail and suddenly got this message: "There’s a problem with Mail. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it."

To make a long story short, I go online and start trying to find solutions: I updated my computer, I ran a bunch of stuff from Command Prompt and PowerShell, I tried the troubleshooter, etc. Eventually, one command tried to like uninstall windows store and re-install it, and now basically almost none of my apps will work. Some of them don't even display the error message anymore, they just won't open. The situation really got bad when this happened to Microsoft One Note.

I have no idea how to convey the issue more accurately to you, is there some way to send you like a diagnosis of my computer? I've put a bunch of the errors and stuff which I don't understand, but hopefully, you do at this link: https://pastebin.com/HtmVGtBm

I know at one point it said something was wrong with Windows Defender Firewall, and when I hit "use recommended settings" it said some of my settings couldn't be updated. I also know I tried to repair and reset some apps through one of the settings menus and it didn't work.

I have no clue what is going on, but I have a lot of stuff on here I need to be able to use ASAP for school and work.

Please help! And if there is any way I can better help you help me, let me know, this is basically preventing me from doing anything all day/weekend...

:)

MaxAaron, Apr 3, 2020

2. Computer has stopped working entirely

My computer has stopped working and i do not know why, its a dell with windows 10 running on it and after a crash with the error code being critical process died, the blue screen came up and after a while with the 0% not going up it restarted my computer
    and now its saying "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine_" what do i do and what happened? Is my computer entirely bricked?

Rory Jacob, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 3, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

How do I reformat entire computer?

Update:

• I probably should have taken better notes on what I've already tried
    • I created the USB flash drive as directed in #26. That did indeed install W10
    • I now am at the same point that I described in my post #6, with my drives still being dynamic rather than basic and the following exceptions from my post #6 (not sure)
    - Now all of my data is on the C:\ drive rather than the various folders like "My Documents
    - I apparently need to reinstall my display driver. The display is wonkey (circles are ovals) and I can’t seem to adjust using the settings menu.
    - Other partitions that came installed with my HP notebook like System, Tools, and Recovery now have different drive settings

So I’ve come almost full circle except with a few steps backwards. I’ll try more carefully to follow Post #2 and #7 as suggested. Possibly I missed as step with those earlier. I’ll also check with my other software to see if there is a simpler way to revert my computer back to the way it was out of the box.

lbeck, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. My entire computer stopped working with apps - Similar Threads - entire computer stopped

2. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  3. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  4. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bluetooth stopped working on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth stopped working on my computer: I have been using a USB Bluetooth adapter for like 6 months now, I usually have my AirPods connected to my pc and that's basically it. Just recently, maybe like the past week the Bluetooth has stopped working. When I am using my AirPods I can connect them and get good audio...
  6. bluetooth stopped working on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth stopped working on my computer: I have been using a USB Bluetooth adapter for like 6 months now, I usually have my AirPods connected to my pc and that's basically it. Just recently, maybe like the past week the Bluetooth has stopped working. When I am using my AirPods I can connect them and get good audio...
  7. Computer apps and services randomly stopped working

Computer apps and services randomly stopped working: Hi I woke up this morning to my computer being very weird today I tried to open up google chrome My default browser it wouldn't open, the cursor loads for a little bit then it stops and never opens I tried updating my computer but the "Resume updates button doesnt work"...
  8. Bluetooth stopped working on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working on my computer: Split from this thread. Hi A. User, I also had a problem with my Bluetooth driver. I was listening to music via my Box, suddenly I it stopped and there was not Bluetooth on/off switch anymore. I uninstalled the Bluetooth devices as told but they didnt get reinstalled....
  9. Computer has stopped working entirely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer has stopped working entirely: My computer has stopped working and i do not know why, its a dell with windows 10 running on it and after a crash with the error code being critical process died, the blue screen came up and after a while with the 0% not going up it restarted my computer and now its saying...
  10. My Computer's WiFi stopped working :(

My Computer's WiFi stopped working :(: Hi Guys! I have the free version of cyberghost and I was trying to connect to a server. Because i had a free account, i have to wait until there are spots left. while it was in that stage i tried to close it. there was no close button on it so i shut it down using task...