Windows 10: my epson scanner will not work

Discus and support my epson scanner will not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by susanfutymed, Oct 17, 2020.

1. my epson scanner will not work

I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works

:)

susanfutymed, Oct 17, 2020
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

my epson scanner will not work [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! my epson scanner will not work :)

ARichard, Oct 17, 2020
  3. huha Win User
    Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

4. Steve C Win User

my epson scanner will not work

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

my epson scanner will not work

1. my epson scanner will not work - Similar Threads - epson scanner

2. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  3. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  4. After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...: After upgrading to windows 11, my Epson ES-500WR Scanner has a delay of 45 seconds from the time I click on the scan button, to the time it starts feeding the papers into the scanner to be scanned. Once it starts scanning, it works perfectly... I have uninstalled, and...
  5. After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...

After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...: After upgrading to windows 11, my Epson ES-500WR Scanner has a delay of 45 seconds from the time I click on the scan button, to the time it starts feeding the papers into the scanner to be scanned. Once it starts scanning, it works perfectly... I have uninstalled, and...
  6. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  7. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  8. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  9. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  10. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging