Windows 10: My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help

Discus and support My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ethernet is not working when i ran the checker it stated that the adapter had the wrong ip it said to check the modem and or the router so i reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DOODLYDEE2006, Sep 12, 2020.

1. My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help

My ethernet is not working when i ran the checker it stated that the adapter had the wrong ip it said to check the modem and or the router so i reset both and the issue is still there i then looked it up online and most sites said to uninstall the device but in doing so i accidentally hit uninstall device and drivers and now i cant get it to reconize the ethernet at all and then i restarted the pc hopeing it would fix but it had not so i ended up reseting the whole pc and it still does not show the ethernet adapter as a device nor does it connect to it i only have wifi and this pc is supposed to be a web server but it cant work without ethernet thanks in advance i truly appreciate the help

:)

DOODLYDEE2006, Sep 12, 2020

2. Driver for Ethernet Adapter

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You might be facing the issue due to the incompatibility of the network drivers with Windows 10. So, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the network drivers and check.

Follow these steps to uninstall Network Adapters.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Network Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the network adapter
      and select Uninstall.
    Now, I would also suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers for Windows 10. If the drivers for Windows 10 are not available, then you can download the drivers for Windows 8.1 and install them in compatibility
    mode and check.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 12, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 12, 2020
  4. kecidek Win User

My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help

Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Hello,

Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the lights on either side of the cable were blinking. They were. I then checked my Device Manager to make sure the driver was still there. It was. The only issue I could see was that my ethernet adapter no longer showed up in my network settings, only my Wi-Fi adapter was listed. I noticed in Windows Update, it mentioned that it failed to install a driver for a network component, so I decided I would look for the most up to date driver for my ethernet adapter online, and install it myself. Here is where the real trouble started; Every time I try to uninstall the driver for my ethernet adapter, including when I tell it to delete local files, it comes right back. I've tried disabling it first, and then uninstalling, and even completely disabling my windows update, and automatic device installer, but it still comes back every time. After a few hours of trying this with no luck, I decided to just run Recovery, and luckily it gave me a restore point to just before it ran the last Windows update. After recovery ran, everything worked, until I shut my computer off. When it booted back up, the ethernet adapter was missing again. Went through the same steps; Recover and wait. This worked, and I disabled Windows Update, and it has worked since. However, this fix isn't good enough for me. I want the latest updates from Microsoft, so I just decided to buy a new PCI-E Ethernet Adapter, and hope that would work better. I installed the card into my computer, and it didn't show up in my list of network adapters either, yet the driver for it shows up in device manager. I can also not uninstall this driver. What is wrong with windows? Why can I not delete a driver and just have it list the hardware under Other Devices as an unknown device? Is there some firewall setting that stops me from deleting drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kecidek, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help

1. My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help - Similar Threads - ethernet adapters driver

2. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!: Hello folks.I'm trying to update my IntelR Ethernet Connection 7 I219-V driver as the driver date says 30/01/2022. I installed the intel updating program and run it without getting any error messages but it doesn't say it got updated on device manager?I'd like to include many...
  3. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!: Hello folks.I'm trying to update my IntelR Ethernet Connection 7 I219-V driver as the driver date says 30/01/2022. I installed the intel updating program and run it without getting any error messages but it doesn't say it got updated on device manager?I'd like to include many...
  4. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. need help with realtek ethernet drivers please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with realtek ethernet drivers please: hi everyone, since yesterday i haven't been able to connect to the internet. i can't install lan drivers for my motherboard which is the asus x570-p motherboard every time i try to install it, tells me ( the realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is...
  6. Cannot update my ethernet adapter drivers, please help I am unable to connect to the internet.

Cannot update my ethernet adapter drivers, please help I am unable to connect to the internet.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigFFin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gr92bu/cannot_update_my_ethernet_adapter_drivers_please/
  7. Uninstalled my bluetooth driver, PLEASE HELP

Uninstalled my bluetooth driver, PLEASE HELP: HI, I uninstalled my Bluetooth driver by following a procedure on google because I cant connect my Bluetooth headphones, so I searched on google and it says that it will automatically re-install after uninstalling and restarting the my computer, but it didn't. Is there a way...
  8. HELP, ethernet adapter missing

HELP, ethernet adapter missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PankrazhioArt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eb5lid/help_ethernet_adapter_missing/
  9. Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP): i accidentally uninstalled my ethernet drivers. My Friend told me to install the drivers. and it still doesnt work. i was wonering what to do like go to control panel or settings or start up menu. I would really aprreciate it if you can help me...
  10. The driver for my F drive somehow got uninstalled. Please HELP !

The driver for my F drive somehow got uninstalled. Please HELP !: The driver for my F drive somehow got uninstalled. Please HELP ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/the-driver-for-my-f-drive-somehow-got-uninstalled/a83ef2e3-bf7a-432d-8091-d16121c65c8f