Windows 10: My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

Discus and support My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maryamkamal1, Oct 21, 2021.

1. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting frustrated as I have minimal to no knowledge about how an ethernet works and I feel like I tried everything. I also don't have a restore point on my pc so I can't go back to that as I've seen a few posts on this problem. Can someone please help me with this?

:)

maryamkamal1, Oct 21, 2021

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

I tried steps one to three as four seemed a little complicated. The keyboard is now fine. However the ethernet disconnects after i click the game icon and before it has even had a chance to load up

Alicia Howell, Oct 21, 2021
  4. lennonjon Win User

My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The problem I am having concerns the ethernet connection.

I am getting constant disconnects with the ethernet. I am running a connectivity monitor to track these disconnects and in the past 12-hours it has disconnected 21 times. I have gone through the standard "fixes" for such an issue:

1) Changed the power management settings on the Realtek PCle Family Controller.

2) Updated the driver

3) Uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet card (doing the above two steps again).

4) Checked to make sure it isn't a modem issue (there have been no disconnects on two other computers, even after swapping ethernet cables).

5) Installed all Windows updates (this seemed to solve the issue for 1-day, then suddenly the problems started again).

Please help me with this issue. It is beyond frustrating when trying to play MMORPGS.

Salud,

Jon

lennonjon, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

1. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day - Similar Threads - Ethernet disconnects certain

2. Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games: Hello, so the title says it all. When I browser the internet and watch youtube, my ethernet disconnects and reconnects every 30 seconds to a minute. However, when I play Modern Warfare 2, it never disconnects so there must be a windows issue. I'm using windows 10. I turned...
  3. Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games: Hello, so the title says it all. When I browser the internet and watch youtube, my ethernet disconnects and reconnects every 30 seconds to a minute. However, when I play Modern Warfare 2, it never disconnects so there must be a windows issue. I'm using windows 10. I turned...
  4. Ethernet cable "disconnected" during certain hours of the day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable "disconnected" during certain hours of the day.: I found this post but none of the advice works for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-at-a-certain-time-every-day/dbbf96d0-9d0f-42c1-b451-3334afb31a5cI'm not sure when mine disconnects but it seems to be sometime overnight cause...
  5. Ethernet cable "disconnected" during certain hours of the day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable "disconnected" during certain hours of the day.: I found this post but none of the advice works for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-at-a-certain-time-every-day/dbbf96d0-9d0f-42c1-b451-3334afb31a5cI'm not sure when mine disconnects but it seems to be sometime overnight cause...
  6. Ethernet cable "disconnected" during certain hours of the day.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  8. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  9. Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later

Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later: Hi there, so I have this issue with my ethernet that for the past three days, disconnects at 11:00 pm, as soon as the clocks turn 11:00 pm and I don't know why, I still don't know at what time come backs but I have checked at 3 am and it still says "No internet" and it's...
  10. Ethernet Connection Keeps Disconnecting Over Time or on Startup of Certain Apps.

Ethernet Connection Keeps Disconnecting Over Time or on Startup of Certain Apps.: Hi i’ve been having this issue for the past few days and have tried a bunch of solutions including Device Manager Settings, Router Restarts, Command Promts even an System Restore which didnt help. The problem starts when i open an application like Steam or Discord my computer...