Windows 10: my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50

Discus and support my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc seems to be capping my wifi speeds. It happens randomly i tryed speed and duplex but nothing my drivers are up to date in on the latest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BooneSchaefer, May 12, 2021.

1. my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50

my pc seems to be capping my wifi speeds. It happens randomly i tryed speed and duplex but nothing my drivers are up to date in on the latest version of windows and i rally dont know what to do.

:)

BooneSchaefer, May 12, 2021
  2. DJWIN10 Win User

Installed Windows 10 -Ethernet connection to Laptop now only has 25 mbps - Modem itself has 300 mbps

I have a new notebook laptop and connected via Ethernet cable to a modem. Using a Cat 6 cable. Modem is set to receive 300 mbps, but when I do a latency test the laptop is only at 25 mbps. Cable servicer tested modem and it's receiving 300. HP said
    Windows 10 is still having a lot of problems and is the source of my slow downloads. Does anyone know of new drivers that will fix this problem so do you think I should revert back to Windows 8.1?

DJWIN10, May 12, 2021
  3. cannot exceed 100 mbps

6/22/2020

I subscribe to Spectrum for their ultra fast internet. Their tech came to my house and said that he measured a speed of 400 plus mbps at the modem. He said the refurbished router (that Spectrum also provided) may not be performing
    to max and that I should purchase a new router (just to be sure). I did. It did not however change my receiving/sending speeds when using Spectrum's suggested speed test site. I then called Spectrum back and they said my PCI adapter, even though connected
    from the router via an ethernet cable to my desktop's PCI card's adapter directly, still was limited to 100/100 mbps. (Also, my laptop tested at the same exact speed of 94 mbps via wi-fi!) They said the slow internet speeds were due to my computers not
    being able to receive or send the faster internet speeds. So, I asked my friend who suggested that I ask Microsoft if there is a way to increase the speed, apparently limited by my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (on my Desktop). My tech friend said that
    the PCI card mentioned could handle up to 1GB speeds. So, how do I increase the PCI network adapter's speed to accept the 400 mbps speeds. Or is that even verifiable, since my laptops network adapter's speed was limited to 144 mbps and also only received/sent
    94 mbps?

My internet speeds seem to be adequate for my computer use. It's just that I cannot verify that I am getting any of the speeds they say they guarantee. I was hoping that an increase in internet speed would help my television's (ethernet cabled) receiving
    speeds.

So, in sum: 1) Can I change the limits on either of my computers' network adapters? and,

2) How can I measure and verify that Spectrum is really sending me the faster internet speeds they guarantee?

Steve

StevenSippel, May 12, 2021
  4. LukeMorsa Win User

my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have been while connected via ethernet to my router.

My xfinity plan is for 200mbps download speed.

My Iphone 7 gets 189mbps on speedtest

My PC is getting 4-8mbps on speedtest.

When I am downloading on steam my download speed is ranging from 200 kb - 1.1 mb per second.

I tried doing the following: windows key + R cmd ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew

and my download speed peaked at 21 mbps and then gradually went back down to 1.1 mbps over the next 20 seconds or so.

I updated the drivers for my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and this also made my download speed on steam peak at 21 mbps and then gradually go back down to 1.1 mbps.

I checked for windows 10 updates in general and there none available.

Below are my specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB Total Virtual Memory 20.6 GB Product Type Microsoft Kernel Debug Network
    Adapter Name [00000001] Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Name [00000002] Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580 OK

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide. I don't understand why my download speed is maxing out at 1 MBps.

LukeMorsa, May 12, 2021
Thema:

my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50

1. my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50 - Similar Threads - ethernet speed used

2. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  3. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  4. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps: Until today everything was fine but today suddenly my computer won’t get more than 0.4mbps. I checked on my phone and laptop and they still get between 250mbps - 300mbps. I tried to do everything I know but nothing worked, its so bad that I couldn’t even send this question...
  5. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps: Until today everything was fine but today suddenly my computer won’t get more than 0.4mbps. I checked on my phone and laptop and they still get between 250mbps - 300mbps. I tried to do everything I know but nothing worked, its so bad that I couldn’t even send this question...
  6. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  8. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  9. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  10. Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50: Hello i got a basic / good pc for gaming and my connection is usually good But the only problème is that when i boot my pc, my connection goes 300 mbps (descendant) , but after a good 30 minutes , it drop at 50 mbps :/ i now that the problem is not in the wifi card because i...