Windows 10: My exe file won't open correctly

Discus and support My exe file won't open correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using an exe file for a very long time, and it would open perfectly, but now everytime I run it it just shows the bar to close it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Doe420, Nov 24, 2020.

1. My exe file won't open correctly

Hi, I've been using an exe file for a very long time, and it would open perfectly, but now everytime I run it it just shows the bar to close it and minimize it I'm sorry but I don't know the name of this bar. The exe in question cannot be maximized as it was never an option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[Moved from It-It to En-Us]

:)

John Doe420, Nov 24, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 24, 2020
  4. My exe file won't open correctly

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

My exe file won't open correctly

1. My exe file won't open correctly - Similar Threads - exe file won't

2. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 exe files won't open: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045Clicking on .exe files just gives spinning circle. I have to restart Windows Explorer to reset it.I've tried: found in another community answers pageMethod 1: Check registry for the exe files.Method 2: Running an Online virus scan. Although, the...
  3. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 exe files won't open: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045Clicking on .exe files just gives spinning circle. I have to restart Windows Explorer to reset it.I've tried: found in another community answers pageMethod 1: Check registry for the exe files.Method 2: Running an Online virus scan. Although, the...
  4. Win 10 exe files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setup exe's won't open

Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  6. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  7. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  8. .exe files will not run correctly

9. Registry Editor and Exe Files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Editor and Exe Files won't open: I recently changed the wrong value in the registry editor by accident, and now exe files wont open. I can't go back in to registry editor because it is an exe file. I have tried many things, like changing cmd.exe to cmd.com and opening command prompt, but nothing I do inside...
  10. .exe Files Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfx winrar error window cannot find exe