Windows 10: My existing docs open as read only

Discus and support My existing docs open as read only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My existing docs open as read only. I have to "save as" after making modifications. The docs are on Onedrive. New problem in the last 30 days. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomTeresi, Jun 6, 2020.

1. TomTeresi Win User

My existing docs open as read only

My existing docs open as read only. I have to "save as" after making modifications. The docs are on Onedrive. New problem in the last 30 days. It seems all existing docs are affected. No problem with new docs.

HELP!

PS - I have another error, perhaps related. 0x80070780 file cannot be accessed by the system.

:)

TomTeresi, Jun 6, 2020

2. Opening a Word doc also opens 2nd window read only

This is inconsistent, but lately when I open a Word doc via File Explorer (in WIndows 10), it will sometimes also attempt to open a 2nd window with a Read Only or File in Use error. When I click cancel, there is a blank window. (The file has already correctly
    opened in a 1st window.) From what I've been reading, I think this may be due to using preview in File Explorer. I'd rather not turn off preview - and I'm not sure that's even the problem.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Greenbergman, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. My existing docs open as read only - Similar Threads - existing docs open

2. All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs: All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs. I've tried changing admin permissions. I've tried changing properties on the doc to untick the read only box. While this works, it's time consuming to do for every doc. I download...
  3. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  4. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  5. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Read ony docs

Read ony docs: The point is, it did not revert to read only a month ago so why now? Is there something microsoft are not telling us? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-ony-docs/0a3e57e7-693e-4441-ae35-645c3d2c1b61
  7. Error 0x80070780 - my existing docs open as read only

Error 0x80070780 - my existing docs open as read only: Error 0x80070780 - my existing docs open as read only. I have to "save as" after making modifications. The docs are on Onedrive. New problem in the last 30 days. It seems all existing docs are affected. No problem with new docs. HELP!...
  8. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only: I upgraded to MS 2019. I made a mistake and signed into the Microsoft account. I do not need to share I'm just starting a new career so I do not have any employees. Now every time I open a document it say read-only. I cannot edit nor can I save. Before a message would come...
  9. can't read docs

can't read docs: documents in Notepad are unreadable, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-read-docs/83685346-bec5-42df-91f1-2208e41d17c4"
  10. Opening a Word doc also opens 2nd window read only

Opening a Word doc also opens 2nd window read only: This is inconsistent, but lately when I open a Word doc via File Explorer (in WIndows 10), it will sometimes also attempt to open a 2nd window with a Read Only or File in Use error. When I click cancel, there is a blank window. (The file has already correctly opened in a 1st...