Windows 10: My explorer is broken :(

Discus and support My explorer is broken :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I open the explorer or a file for the first time, it laggs/freezes for like 40 seconds before it finally opens. This is extremely annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReactedLizard, Jul 6, 2020.

1. My explorer is broken :(

Whenever I open the explorer or a file for the first time, it laggs/freezes for like 40 seconds before it finally opens. This is extremely annoying when you want to save or open a file from a program. Everything else is running perfectly on my PC. The task manager doesn't show anything. I tried creating a new user and the problem doesn't exist on the other user. Why is that and how can I solve this? Please help me My explorer is broken :( :(

submitted by /u/ReactedLizard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReactedLizard, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 6, 2020
  4. My explorer is broken :(

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

My explorer is broken :(

1. My explorer is broken :( - Similar Threads - explorer broken

2. Restoring broken file previews preview handlers in Explorer Preview pane on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring broken file previews preview handlers in Explorer Preview pane on Windows 10 x64: Recently I've found a solution to a long-running problem, as a result of which no previews were generated in Explorer Preview pane for every file, except images and videos. It turned out that I had 64-bit Preview Handler Surrogate Host prevhost.exe registry key missing in...
  3. Restoring broken file previews preview handlers in Explorer Preview pane on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring broken file previews preview handlers in Explorer Preview pane on Windows 10 x64: Recently I've found a solution to a long-running problem, as a result of which no previews were generated in Explorer Preview pane for every file, except images and videos. It turned out that I had 64-bit Preview Handler Surrogate Host prevhost.exe registry key missing in...
  4. Restoring broken file previews preview handlers in Explorer Preview pane on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual: Microsoft windows team should be ashamed of themselves. This search functionality is broken forever and is super slow too. Further with windows 11, explorer takes forever to load. Quality of engineering in windows team is extremely poor. What are hacks to fix this? I am...
  6. Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual

Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual: Microsoft windows team should be ashamed of themselves. This search functionality is broken forever and is super slow too. Further with windows 11, explorer takes forever to load. Quality of engineering in windows team is extremely poor. What are hacks to fix this? I am...
  7. File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon: Hello,Problems from my laptop never ends, as there is another problem which is the file icons gone blank when I access some folders and took AGES for it to load. I tried the following :- RUn SFC /scannow- Erasing the cache- Restarting file explorerDidn't work. But I notice...
  8. File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon

File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon: Hello,Problems from my laptop never ends, as there is another problem which is the file icons gone blank when I access some folders and took AGES for it to load. I tried the following :- RUn SFC /scannow- Erasing the cache- Restarting file explorerDidn't work. But I notice...
  9. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  10. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...