Windows 10: My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart

Discus and support My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Explorer is not loading on restart . Start menu doesn't start . Restarting explorer makes the system work normally Faulting application name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by neoisone, Jun 28, 2021.

1. neoisone Win User

My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart

Windows Explorer is not loading on restart . Start menu doesn't start . Restarting explorer makes the system work normally Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, , time stamp: 0xa0f1a2fcFaulting module name: twinui.pcshell.dll, , time stamp: 0x78fc8e3aException code: 0x80270233Any idea what is causing this and how to resolve this.

:)

neoisone, Jun 28, 2021
  2. prattden Win User

How do i stop File Explorer from loading and crashing over and over??

Holy moly! This solution seems to have worked! Two days now without File Explorer driving me insane with it's constant cycling of loading and crashing, loading and crashing. Hoping this is a permanent solution.

Thanks much for your help.

Two days later and the problem has returned. File Explorer loading on its own and crashing, though not constantly the way it was before.

prattden, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 28, 2021
  4. razghost Win User

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart - Similar Threads - Explorer crashing loading

2. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  3. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  4. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File explorer crash at application load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash at application load.: Sometimes, when I launch big application, weird things start happening. Task bar and desktop icons disappears and all file explorer windows closes. After some time few seconds task bar and desktop is restored. I already did "sfc \scannow" but no integrity violations were...
  6. File explorer crash at application load.

File explorer crash at application load.: Sometimes, when I launch big application, weird things start happening. Task bar and desktop icons disappears and all file explorer windows closes. After some time few seconds task bar and desktop is restored. I already did "sfc \scannow" but no integrity violations were...
  7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  8. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  9. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  10. Windows Explorer crash/restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash/restarting: For a few weeks now I've had issues with windows explorer crashing/restarting every hour, sometimes more. When ever i check event view it always shows. Did a fresh install today to see if it would stopped but it happened again right after I installed Intel Chipset drivers. (...