Windows 10: My explorer search disappears overnight

Discus and support My explorer search disappears overnight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I've run a particularly in depth file explorer search and left it to run overnight as it was taking a very long time. There were results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tracey (IAO), Aug 8, 2019.

1. My explorer search disappears overnight

Hi there,

I've run a particularly in depth file explorer search and left it to run overnight as it was taking a very long time. There were results populating when I left for the night but when I came back the next morning the screen was blank and it said no results found. How do I prevent my search from disappearing like that overnight?

:)

Tracey (IAO), Aug 8, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2019
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 8, 2019
  4. My explorer search disappears overnight

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

My explorer search disappears overnight

1. My explorer search disappears overnight - Similar Threads - explorer search disappears

2. Why has my bluetooth icon disappeared overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my bluetooth icon disappeared overnight?: I can't find my bluetooth icon on the bottom right of my screen anymore, and when I go to bluetooth in settings, it says " couldn't connect" when trying to connect to anything. This is weird because it's been working just fine up until a few days ago. I've tried holding...
  3. Why has my bluetooth icon disappeared overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my bluetooth icon disappeared overnight?: I can't find my bluetooth icon on the bottom right of my screen anymore, and when I go to bluetooth in settings, it says " couldn't connect" when trying to connect to anything. This is weird because it's been working just fine up until a few days ago. I've tried holding...
  4. Pin disappeared overnight and password don't work.

Pin disappeared overnight and password don't work.: Overnight my windows 11 Pin just disappeared and typing in the correct password wouldn't work as well saying it is incorrect. I have tried pressing the reset password, and setup pin buttons but all they do is load for a sec then send me back to the login screen. I have tried...
  5. Search Stopped Working OVernight

Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  6. Search Stopped Working OVernight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  7. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer sometimes closes overnight: Every few days or so, when I wake up my laptop in the morning, File Explorer will have closed. It's not a big deal to reopen it sometimes I've had a couple of instances of it open and had to navigate back to those folders, but I'd like to figure out why it does this. It's...
  8. desktop and work disappeared overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop and work disappeared overnight: Where has my busy desktop gone along woth my database and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-work-disappeared-overnight/f7d7a0b2-5065-4bf7-9f02-030f4c574f76
  9. Length Disappears in File Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Length Disappears in File Explorer Search: Hi there... a problem just developed a couple of days ago with only one of my external drives where the length time of the file no longer shows when I run a Search by name, although I can still see the length of the same file once I get out of the Search and return the normal...
  10. My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight

in Microsoft Office and 365
    My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight: When I opened Outlook this morning I got pretty much a blank screen, no mailbox, no messages at all. It took me little time to discover that my ThisPC/Documents/Outlook/PersonalFolders.pst file was gone. I did find a ThisPC/Documents/OutlookFiles/PersonalFolders2.pst file...