Windows 10: My explorer search disappears overnight

Discus and support My explorer search disappears overnight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I've run a particularly in depth file explorer search and left it to run overnight as it was taking a very long time. There were results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tracey (IAO), Aug 8, 2019.

1. My explorer search disappears overnight

Hi there,

I've run a particularly in depth file explorer search and left it to run overnight as it was taking a very long time. There were results populating when I left for the night but when I came back the next morning the screen was blank and it said no results found. How do I prevent my search from disappearing like that overnight?

:)

Tracey (IAO), Aug 8, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2019
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 8, 2019
  4. My explorer search disappears overnight

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

My explorer search disappears overnight

1. My explorer search disappears overnight - Similar Threads - explorer search disappears

2. My Window search as well as File explorer search is not working.

in Cortana
    My Window search as well as File explorer search is not working.: Hello Everyone, I am facing this issue past of few days as my windows search is not working. I read so many articles but nothing is seems to be helpful for me. As you can able to see my Indexing Option Page [ATTACH] Past of 2 hours, it is still searching for index. If I...
  3. File Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search: I recently added a solid state disk to my desktop as the Windows drive. It appears as C: under Windows and my old mechanical drive is there as F: for archive purposes. When I open File Explorer and navigate to MyPC, Documents I am looking at the solid state drive (C:)...
  4. Search box disappears issue

in Cortana
    Search box disappears issue: I was able to get the search box to stop disappearing by changing the setting for Cortana from "Show Search Box " to " Show Cortana Icon ", close the window and then bring up the back again to the Cortana setting and change it back to " Show Search Box ". I have not...
  5. Coratana Search box disappeared from my taskbar

in Cortana
    Coratana Search box disappeared from my taskbar: The search box which is usually found in the task bar has disappeared all of a sudden. When I went to the settings, the 'show search bar' option was not available. How do we bring it back to the task bar. And how to increase the size and icons in the task bar?...
  6. overnight download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    overnight download: I'm using windows 10, and want to download movies after midnight. Where do I find the setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overnight-download/eda3dbe4-6102-4a7b-bd17-e0b86634695f
  7. My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight

in Microsoft Office and 365
    My Outlook PersonalFolders.pst file Disappeared Overnight: When I opened Outlook this morning I got pretty much a blank screen, no mailbox, no messages at all. It took me little time to discover that my ThisPC/Documents/Outlook/PersonalFolders.pst file was gone. I did find a ThisPC/Documents/OutlookFiles/PersonalFolders2.pst file...
  8. File Explorer Disappearance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Disappearance: Good Day, Background info is that I took the plunge and put an SSD in my computer. Since it has been a long time, I decided to go for a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Using the media creation tool I obtained a Windows 10 Pro N in 64 bit and installed it. Do not know if it...
  9. file explorer disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer disappears: Goodmorning everyone, I have a problem at the office and I hope you can help me fix it or tell me it's a windows 10 bug or something *Smile We have several users that have documents on a network share with a very long UNC pad. When they open the document, the document...
  10. Startup search bar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup search bar disappeared: I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back. 12794