Windows 10: My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

Discus and support My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the device manager. How do i make it appear on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by can i have windows 7 back, Oct 3, 2020.

1. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

Hi,

My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the device manager.

How do i make it appear on my desktop.

Note: "I hate windows 10" has 120 user names and "windows 10 is ****" has 461 usernames in this community. I am trying it for the first time and I can't even see inside a simple hard drive. Is this a joke or what?

:)

can i have windows 7 back, Oct 3, 2020

2. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

Hi Pete,

Since the problem with your external hard drive surfaced after installing the Windows 10 Creators update, then most likely it has something to do with the its driver software being outdated or broken. To help us diagnose and address this problem, we suggest
    that performing first the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:

• In the search bar, type troubleshooting and open it.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, then please try to update the driver for your external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key, then select Device Manager.
    • Locate your external device from the list. If it doesn't appear there but something appeared with a yellow or red sign, right-click on it and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 3, 2020
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Oct 3, 2020
  4. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

1. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the... - Similar Threads - external drive does

2. Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop: I have four external drives. Two SSD 16gb Sandisk thumbdrives, one SSD 1tb Sandisk, and a 2tb HDD Seagate. On my laptop running windows 11 I have the option to safely eject all of my drives. On my desktop running windows 11 I only get the option to eject the two thumbdrives...
  3. Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop: I have four external drives. Two SSD 16gb Sandisk thumbdrives, one SSD 1tb Sandisk, and a 2tb HDD Seagate. On my laptop running windows 11 I have the option to safely eject all of my drives. On my desktop running windows 11 I only get the option to eject the two thumbdrives...
  4. An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC: Because I can no longer reply to my original threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-external-drive-does-not-appear-in-windows/05b90b13-9aee-4b68-9886-dddb49dbe3a9I am posting here the ANSWER as to what the heck has happened to my computer....
  5. An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC: Because I can no longer reply to my original threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-external-drive-does-not-appear-in-windows/05b90b13-9aee-4b68-9886-dddb49dbe3a9I am posting here the ANSWER as to what the heck has happened to my computer....
  6. An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An external drive does not appear in Windows Explorer My PC: I have a Probox HFD1-SU3S2 4-bay disk docking station connected to my computer via eSATA. Originally I was operating three disks and all drives letters appear in Windows Explorer. Recently I slotted in a fourth disk, and despite assigning drive letter and restarting the...
  8. Desktop does not appear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not appear in Explorer: W10-64 Home. 1909 I found the same problem in an older thread which is solved, but either I am doing ot wrong or it is not working for me.Following those instructions, I now have: [img] Notice, no Desktop. In the folder Downloads are the desktop files. They are also in...
  9. External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer: I have been using my Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable Hard Drive since for about 9 months. Three days ago the drive stopped showing up on My Computer. I tried to Update the Driver. I tried to Uninstall the Drive and Restart my computer. I tried to Uninstall the USB and...
  10. Desktop does not appear as it should

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop does not appear as it should: Why does my Desktop appear differently 50% of the time when I open my Lenovo Yoga Laptop each day? What happens is that all my icons are there, but all around the desktop instead of where I want them. I try and move them to where they are supposed to be, but they do not go...