Windows 10: my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come

Discus and support my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my external dvd/cd player will only play a cd. how come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlie_924, Oct 16, 2020.

1. my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come

my external dvd/cd player will only play a cd. how come

:)

charlie_924, Oct 16, 2020
  2. RoyBowker Win User

Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

Could anyone tell me how I can play and rip a CD from an external drive. My computer is a HP Pavilion and the external player is an LG portable DVD writer. I have ripped before but now cannot remember how to rip. Also I can't even play the CD that's in
    the LG player. Being 80 years of age doesn't help I know!

Roy

RoyBowker, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    cd/dvd player

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using an external CD/DVD drive?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How did you know that your CD/DVD player was not installed? Did you receive an error message?

If you have manually uninstalled the driver, restart your computer. Once the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 16, 2020
  4. my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come

Cannot play CD/DVD player.

Hi, Keith.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would suggest that you check if the CD/DVD file is supported by your player. If it is then I would like to suggest that you un-install and re-install the CD/DVD driver and check if the same issue persist. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand "CD/DVD ROM”
    • Find and double-click the driver from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the driver and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come

1. my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come - Similar Threads - external dvd player

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. external cd player won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external cd player won't play: I have an external cd player that will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cd-player-wont-play/e3457342-91fe-402e-be9a-dda0700cb09d
  4. My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play: My Rioddas CD/DVD external player doesn't play. It is getting power and conects okay, but it won't play. A former external drive I had for years worked reliably with no problems. I didn't change anything. Also, the only thing that happens is at start up it takes me to a...
  5. Rioddas CD/DVD external player

Rioddas CD/DVD external player: I am trying to use the Rioddas CD/DVD external player on my dell Inspiron 15 R in Windows 10. Can't get my computer to recognize the player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rioddas-cddvd-external-player/f5575d8e-51aa-4b75-bd8f-2e9ac8ad0156
  6. cd dvd players

cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  7. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  8. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: Hello. My HP laptop has a built in DVD/CD player which I used quite a bit in the past. Since upgrading to Windows 10 none of the CD's or DVD's will play. Windows media player is installed. The device shows in DVD RW Drive E: Can anyone tell me why this is or what to do to fix...
  9. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  10. Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player: Could anyone tell me how I can play and rip a CD from an external drive. My computer is a HP Pavilion and the external player is an LG portable DVD writer. I have ripped before but now cannot remember how to rip. Also I can't even play the CD that's in the LG player. Being...