Windows 10: My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

Discus and support My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Sir, My external hard drive migrated due to the downloading of windows 10 setup via media creation tool. and now my hard drive is no longer shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nur Adha Abdul Wahab, Jun 7, 2020.

1. My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

Hi Sir,

My external hard drive migrated due to the downloading of windows 10 setup via media creation tool. and now my hard drive is no longer shows the data stored in it as well as it stop showing its full storage. And now also, it shows only a 32gb drive named ESD-USB. i can't access or even see my data on my hard drive which is 500GB of space all of my data is on that. I lost all my data and now all it contain is the setup of window 10 only. I just want my previous data back. Please tell me how to unmigrate it or revert it back to it's original state. Thank you

:)

Nur Adha Abdul Wahab, Jun 7, 2020

2. hard drive 'not migrated' as external storage

I recently upgraded the hard drive in my Sony Vaio, and bought a plug-n-play case for the old one to use as a standard external hard drive. When I plug it into the USB port, it comes to life (disc spinning, etc.) but never shows up in windows file explorer.
    When I do a little digging, it's listed in the device manager as a usb storage device but says 'device not migrated'.

I've gone through the 2 standard responses I've found posted here about uninstalling the device and checking for hardware changes, as well as running the device troubleshooter. I need to know if it's something with the old hard drive causing problems, or
    something with Windows 10. There's no data on the drive to be concerned with, so if it's just about formatting that's no problem- but I can't format if it won't recognize the drive in the first place!! help...?

adamrichardson13, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 7, 2020
  4. My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

data on external hard drive & recovery drive

Hi,

I had 5000gb data on 1Tb external hard drive, so created recovery drive on it with windows 10. when creating recovery drive, windows 10 didn't tell that data on external hard drive will be deleted, but when I connected don't see 500gb data, it only shows
    recovery drive. How do I can see my data on external hard drive? Any help is highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

1. My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated: Hi - my external harddrive doesn't get picked up. I've tried to follow a few threads but it doesn't work - see screenshot - it says the device not migrated. On disk management- I've tried Uninstalling but it doesn't work.Can anyone help?Thanks...
  3. My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated: Hi - my external harddrive doesn't get picked up. I've tried to follow a few threads but it doesn't work - see screenshot - it says the device not migrated. On disk management- I've tried Uninstalling but it doesn't work.Can anyone help?Thanks...
  4. Cannot use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use my external hard drive: First of all. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation. I'm still learning English! I'm trying to use my external hard drive but nothing will open because I'm pretty sure I messed up the security permissions. I remember being in the security permissions and wondering what would...
  5. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive: Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least 127.0 GB And all that comes up is C: 10.9 GB Disk space remaining When I have got a hard drive which is called WEOYC25-1T F:...
  6. Program to see the newest data on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program to see the newest data on my hard drive?: My C drive keeps filling up and I'm not downloading anything onto it, so I was looking for a program, or just a way to see what data has been written into my disk from newest to oldest. submitted by /u/ltltltsmash [link] [comments]...
  7. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  8. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  9. OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive: I enabled OneDrive on my computers. My main computer seemed to get slower and slower. I clicked on "This PC" and my internal drive was red - showing about 20 GB space where there had been close to 200 GB a short time before. My external drives - one a 1 TB WD was...
  10. Cannot Format my External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Format my External Hard drive: When I plug my external into my pc it tells me it's unable to use and to format the drive. So I try to do so, and Windows tells me that there's a program using the external drive. I attempt to format anyway since I know there's no programs using the drive, and after a...