Windows 10: My External HD no longer recognised

Discus and support My External HD no longer recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 4tb harddrive I used to use on my Xbox. I now plug in my computer and my laptop. It does the noise to say it's recognised. And even forms up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DazzFoster, Feb 14, 2019.

1. My External HD no longer recognised

4tb harddrive I used to use on my Xbox. I now plug in my computer and my laptop. It does the noise to say it's recognised. And even forms up with the safely eject icon. With open device and printers and eject BUP RD
    I open device and printers - it's on my devices - properties
    Manufacturer - unavailable
    Model BUP RD
    Model no. Unavailable
    Storage device.

Hardware - Seagate BUP RD SCSI disk device
    Bus no. 0
    Target id. 0
    LUN. 0
    This device is working properly.

Volumes all blank.
    Driver Microsoft
    21/6/2006
    Version. 10.0.17763.1

Apart from driver details everything else is greyed out
    Update. Roll back. Disable and uninstall driver.

On my disk management it comes up underneath my normal HD
    With a black line across it.
    Disk 1 with a red X
    Unknown.
    3726.02gb
    Not initialized.
    Having a bit of knowledge of this as I've had HDs in the past not appear as I've had to allocate them a disk drive letter. But nothing like that is possible here
    I can click offline or properties.
    Clicking offline comes up with data error cyclic redundancy check.

:)

DazzFoster, Feb 14, 2019

2. MY SURFACE PRO WONT RECOGNISE EXTERNAL HD

HI

My surface pro wont recognise external HD?

HOW DO I FIX??

Michael Doyle (michael.doyle), Feb 14, 2019
  3. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Feb 14, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

My External HD no longer recognised

External hard drive not recognised

Worked out what the problem was with my external drive notbeing recognised. I looked under Device Manager > USB Controllers and there itwas listed with an exclamation mark with the error saying that "the driverfor this device is in memory" or words to that effect. I right clicked thecorresponding Mass Storage device and uninstalled it and then unplugged theexternal drive. I rebooted my desktop and plugged the external drive in againand it reinstalled its driver again and I am now able to use the external driveagain. My External HD no longer recognised :)

scopio, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

My External HD no longer recognised

1. My External HD no longer recognised - Similar Threads - External longer recognised

2. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  3. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  4. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  5. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  6. External HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  7. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

Laptop no longer recognising external monitors: Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor a Dell but having returned from holiday and started a new job, I cannot connect to any monitors in the new office, either via...
  8. my tomtom is no longer recognised

my tomtom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized....
  9. Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS: I've got an external hard disk which I was using to back up two computers. The last time I used it it was recognised properly as containing an NTFS volume by both computers (both running Windows 10). However this time it is no longer recognised properly by either of the two...
  10. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seagate external hard drive not initialized Bus Number 0 Target Id 0 LUN 0