Windows 10: My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker.

Discus and support My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I had tried to encrypt my drive with bitlocker and its was a while ago but then I tried to decrypt it as It was taking a long time and the drive got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taninzer, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Taninzer Win User

My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker.

So I had tried to encrypt my drive with bitlocker and its was a while ago but then I tried to decrypt it as It was taking a long time and the drive got disconnected and the decryption was disrupted and then it took time to load up the password page and It said the correct password and the key was wrong and won't open now please help me out if possible.It just say its the wrong password even thought its correct and I lags my This PC while loading up sometimes it crashes This Pc and doesn't start back until HDD is disconnected. I have tried M3 Bitlocker recovery but my encrypted files are not able to load its in binary and other gibberish that makes no sense.

:)

Taninzer, Aug 7, 2019

2. Bitlocker Decryption Bug

Hello Microsoft team,

I Got a 4TB external HDD replaced with Seagate team in India.

They gave me drive encrypted with BitLocker and provided me a recovery password too. All the way i was able to use the drive. later i decided to turn off bitlock and decrypt this from one of mywindows 7 computer.

It took 1 month long to decrypt 90% and 2 days back all of suddenly my computer abruptly got shutdown during decryption process.

From that time i am unable to access my HDD and bitlock unlocker wizard after entering password gives error like "BITLOCK DRIVE ENCRYPTION FAILED TO RECOVER FROM AN ABRUPT TERMINATED CONVERSION.THIS COULD BE DUE TO EITHER ALL CONVERSION LOGS BEING CORRUPTED
    OR THE MEDIA BEING WRITE-PROTECTED"

I am in complete mess now. My data of nearly 1 tb was there inside and i checked online and people has faced the issue in past.

Kindly support me i am being helpless to fix this. and local microsoft support very clearly says its not there scope of support. And i could hardly understand this technical Jazz.

Please help me to decrypt this & make my hdd accessible again.i've encryption password

Like to tell you i have tried checking in multiple windows computer of all Win version

Regards,

Zee

SyedZeeshan2, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Bitlocker on multiple external drives

Hi Myron,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using bitlocker on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if bitlocker settings is incorrect.

I suggest you to try decrypting the volume for the multiple external drives and then reset the bitlocker for the multiple drives.

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article.

Note: The step provided in the below link is also applicable in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...er-Drive-Encryption-and-decrypting-the-volume

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2019
  4. whaddup Win User

Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck

Hello! I have a 1TB external HDD crypted with TrueCrypt since a couple of months and it's 99% full of important files. I wanted to decrypt it so I used "permanent decrypt", put my password and the progress bar is at 0.029% and the estimating time got from 8 hours to 160 days and counting and then I head a short and high pitched noise from my external hdd and I get an error (the device isn't ready) and after clicking ok I get another error (In the picture) and then stops. This repeats when I always try to resume the decrypting process.
    I'm using a Windows 8 Live CD as my internal hard drive it's almost dead as well, looking to recover some stuff with testdisk..
    Since it's such a small percent, can I restore volume header to make it work again? What do you suggest?

My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker. [​IMG]

whaddup, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker. - Similar Threads - External HDD got

2. Hdd decrypt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdd decrypt: Hi guys so I have a hdd in that there are some files which is in green color format and I can't able to access that files which I have used in my old laptop now that laptop got issues with motherboard now I have to access the file how to decrypt that files...
  3. Hdd decrypt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdd decrypt: Hi guys so I have a hdd in that there are some files which is in green color format and I can't able to access that files which I have used in my old laptop now that laptop got issues with motherboard now I have to access the file how to decrypt that files...
  4. External HDD BitLocker decryption stuck at 25.6%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD BitLocker decryption stuck at 25.6%: Hi, I've seen many posts reporting a similar problem around, but none of the proposed solution really helped. So I'm here to ask for some additinal help.This HDD used to be an internal system disk on a WIn10 laptop, encrypted with Bitlocker. The laptop has been upgraded to an...
  5. External HDD BitLocker decryption stuck at 25.6%

External HDD BitLocker decryption stuck at 25.6%: Hi, I've seen many posts reporting a similar problem around, but none of the proposed solution really helped. So I'm here to ask for some additinal help.This HDD used to be an internal system disk on a WIn10 laptop, encrypted with Bitlocker. The laptop has been upgraded to an...
  6. External HDD keeps disconnecting while re-imaging my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD keeps disconnecting while re-imaging my PC: I first noticed the problem a while back, while checking it for corruptions. The HDD would disconnect itself every time it enters phase 2 of checking, after trying to fix the error in the file $I30 I can’t remember exactly, so I formatted the entire drive, created a system...
  7. External HDD keeps disconnecting while re-imaging my PC

External HDD keeps disconnecting while re-imaging my PC: I first noticed the problem a while back, while checking it for corruptions. The HDD would disconnect itself every time it enters phase 2 of checking, after trying to fix the error in the file $I30 I can’t remember exactly, so I formatted the entire drive, created a system...
  8. External HDD keeps disconnecting while re-imaging my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE: Unable to open bitlocker encrypted external drive Windows 10 Pro Hello, I have not been able to open my encrypted hard drive on Windows professional Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063. The external drive was encrypted using this system (the same I am reporting now) and...
  10. Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck

Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck: Hello! I have a 1TB external HDD crypted with TrueCrypt since a couple of months and it's 99% full of important files. I wanted to decrypt it so I used "permanent decrypt", put my password and the progress bar is at 0.029% and the estimating time got from 8 hours to 160 days...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device disconnected while decrypting bitlocker

2. bitlocker decryption stuck after abbrupt disconnection

3. external hard drive keep discconecting while bitlocker discrypting

4. bitlocker external drive encryption drive disconnects