Windows 10: My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

Discus and support My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Explorer does not "see" my external Iomega harddrive. I have tried unplugging and replugging, restarting with the drive plugged in and switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyNorton, Apr 5, 2021.

1. My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

Windows Explorer does not "see" my external Iomega harddrive. I have tried unplugging and replugging, restarting with the drive plugged in and switched on, but nothing seems to work.

:)

TonyNorton, Apr 5, 2021

2. Problem with my Iomega external hard drive

I have a new Dell desktop with windows 10.

Connecting my Iomega external hard drive with all my backup from my former computer, Windows recognizes the Iomega but my primary Iomega tool bars don't come up.

What does come up are the files that are in the external hard drive, but I can only access "my pictures", not, "my documents".

I have not contacted Iomega, the "Geek Squad" or anyone else.

I found this site and posting this problem here.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Bert Canepa, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Accessing folders in Iomega external hard drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.
    (I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:
    "Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined
    Also, the Iomega does not show the opening window with all the settings, kinds of backup etc......
    Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......
    Thank you.......

Bert Canepa, Apr 5, 2021
  4. My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT

THANK YOU BUT NO MENTIOM OF IOMEGA DEVICE

ARTEMIS800, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

1. My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised. - Similar Threads - external Iomega Harddrive

2. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  3. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  4. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  6. My harddrive isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My harddrive isn't recognised: I got an error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". So I referred to every possible solution on Microsoft Answers, google, and youtube. But none of them worked for me.I tried to install new Windows using a bootable USB pen drive. And there I got another error saying " No device drivers...
  7. Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised: My Iomega Hard Drive which has been working on my home network for over 5 years is not seen by either of the two pc's running Windows 10 since January 2020. I am therefore unable to access to save or view any media. Can you advise please?...
  8. Iomega External Harddrive Not found (kind of)

Iomega External Harddrive Not found (kind of): All of a sudden my networked external hard drive no longer registers as in file explorer, however it shows up when I double click on "Network" it is listed as a Media Device. It was working fine last month. (I've been on vacation) My guess is that there is a Windows update...
  9. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  10. external harddrive

external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...