Windows 10: My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

Discus and support My external microphone is not recognized by headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kuhmuuu, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Kuhmuuu Win User

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay!

What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help!

:)

Kuhmuuu, Jul 28, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Jul 28, 2020
  3. windows 10 will not recognize external microphone.

Old Title : Set up external microphone - not recognized - wizard error

Hi,

When I try to set up an external microphone, I get an error saying:

Message: The Wizard could not start. Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check you audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound Themes control panel.

My external mic is not recognized and not working.

I'm using Windows 10 home, on a Lenovo g50-80. The mic is plugged in the combo audio jack using a splitter cable.

I tried all the steps at Cannot setup External MIC

No luck.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

KoetjesBoooe, Jul 28, 2020
  4. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

1. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones? - Similar Threads - external microphone recognized

2. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  3. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  4. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  5. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  6. External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10: Many Windows users are experiencing an error, when they add an external Microphone to their computer, it gets recognized as headphones. This can be a bit frustrating especially if you are a content creator who doesn’t want to use a poor-quality Mic that comes bundled with...
  7. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  8. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  9. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  10. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...