Windows 10: my external speakers do not work

Discus and support my external speakers do not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external speakers do not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kennethbaldyga, Jan 23, 2021.

1. my external speakers do not work

My external speakers do not work

:)

kennethbaldyga, Jan 23, 2021

2. External Speaker Is Not Working

I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than
    that.

Abhinaya A, Jan 23, 2021
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

my external speakers do not work

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

my external speakers do not work

1. my external speakers do not work - Similar Threads - external speakers

2. External speaker popping in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker popping in Win 11: I just got a new MSI laptop Stealth 16 with Win 11, and have since day 1 experienced frequent popping in my external speakers. My previous mac had no such popping, using the same speakers.The popping seems to occur only when no or low audio is playing. For example if I have...
  3. External speaker popping in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speaker popping in Win 11: I just got a new MSI laptop Stealth 16 with Win 11, and have since day 1 experienced frequent popping in my external speakers. My previous mac had no such popping, using the same speakers.The popping seems to occur only when no or low audio is playing. For example if I have...
  4. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  5. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?: left speaker of my windows pc is not working.Is that an external speaker?. Dell speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-speaker-of-my-windows-pc-is-not-working/825896f8-9888-4ea0-8adc-dc5ac0397747
  6. left speaker of my windows pc is not working properly. Is that an external speaker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  8. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  9. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  10. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...