Windows 10: My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are...

Discus and support My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday I checked for updates under my windows update tab and it searched for updates and find some and did the update process like normal but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by _Jeffrey, Jul 8, 2020.

1. _Jeffrey Win User

My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are...

Yesterday I checked for updates under my windows update tab and it searched for updates and find some and did the update process like normal but afterwards I didn't have no sound on my gaming laptop. I got windows automatic chat system help which fixed my sound on my gaming laptop itself but my external speakers are still not working... Any ideas what's going on? My internal and external speakers work good but now my external speakers aren't. It used to say Realtek when I went to my sound bar on my laptop but now it says high definition audio device. My external speakers are cyber acoustics. Looking for help.

:)

_Jeffrey, Jul 8, 2020
  2. tmasierra Win User

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took about two hours of my time. Now I have sound coming out of both my external speakers and my internal speakers, when previously just plugging in my external speakers would mute my internal, or built-in, speakers. Is there any way I can mute my internal speakers without muting my external speakers without spending the rest of the day in troubleshooting, involving detailed examination of my motherboard and countless other steps?
    Thanks for listening!
    tma

tmasierra, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Joe913 Win User
    How to disable the internal speakers when connecting external speakers?

The instructions for connecting headphones/external speakers inplies that the internal speakers in my HP Envy 23-d260qd computer will be disabled when the headphones/external speakers are connected. This is not the case - both the speakers and the
    headphones work together, thus defeating the purpose of headphones. There seems to be some suggestion that this problem has been caused by an update to Windows10. I have been connecting of headphones or external speakers and would mechanically disabled the
    internal speakers as happens with molst audio equipment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Joe913, Jul 8, 2020
  4. JoeKocek Win User

My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are...

External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. My external speakers on my gaming laptop are not working but my internal speakers that are... - Similar Threads - external speakers gaming

2. MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING: ALL GOOD BUT SUDDENLY MY LAPTOP RIGH CHANNL IS WORKING AND LEFT NOT WORKING ..I DONT KNOW WAY PLZ SOLVE THIS ISSUE *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING: ALL GOOD BUT SUDDENLY MY LAPTOP RIGH CHANNL IS WORKING AND LEFT NOT WORKING ..I DONT KNOW WAY PLZ SOLVE THIS ISSUE *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Internal Speakers in my laptop will not work with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers in my laptop will not work with windows 11: My surface pro 8 came loaded with Windows 11 and the sound will play out of those speakers fine. As soon as I updated my other laptop to Windows 11, the sound will no longer play out of the internal speakers and when I access the setting it tells me to connect a device to...
  5. Internal Speakers in my laptop will not work with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers in my laptop will not work with windows 11: My surface pro 8 came loaded with Windows 11 and the sound will play out of those speakers fine. As soon as I updated my other laptop to Windows 11, the sound will no longer play out of the internal speakers and when I access the setting it tells me to connect a device to...
  6. my external speakers do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my external speakers do not work: My external speakers do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-do-not-work/f9b3f327-e915-47fd-bcf7-adf654bac98e
  7. my internal speaker is missing.

my internal speaker is missing.: my galaxy buds+ was not working smoothly and it got disconnected from my laptop at one point. when I used the troubleshoot it said I need to change my default speaker to my galaxy buds, so I did. now when I disconnect my buds. there is no speaker. no sound. what am I gonna...
  8. I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop

I can't hear from my internal or external speaker in my laptop: I am not able to listen from internal or external speakers. I am facing this issue after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-from-my-internal-or-external-speaker/d5f9d447-cf15-4098-8a63-63ef8fff9a0f
  9. How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took...
  10. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....