Windows 10: MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...

Discus and support MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT TO OPEN EVERYTIME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sathyamurthy S, Feb 3, 2023.

1. MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...

MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT TO OPEN EVERYTIME

:)

Sathyamurthy S, Feb 3, 2023
  2. EmilyS726 Win User

Ssd wont format

Hello there. This is Emily.

I assume you are installing from the ISO flash drive right? If so, at the step where it asks you where to install Windows, instead of using the format option, use delete option instead. Delete every partition listed for the SSD. It might say Drive 0 or Drive 1, etc, but you should be able to tell which drive is your SSD based on the size. Once all partitions are deleted, you would be given one unallocated space. That's the one you can select, then click next for Windows to install.

EmilyS726, Feb 3, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Format SSD drive or any drive

Hi Thomas

Think of a hard drive or SSD as a book . . .

A Quick Format basically deletes the contents page (File Allocation Table), whereas a Long Format will also delete all the pages (Files)

If a quick format is taking 2 hours on your SSD and you are experiencing problems with Windows, when only performing a Quick Format, then I would suggest the formatting operation is not the problem, most likely that SSD has a problem. A Quick format on that
    drive, should take approx. 10 minutes . . .

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2023
  4. feelulive Win User

MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...

1. MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT... - Similar Threads - EXTERNAL SSD ASKING

2. MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT...: MY EXTERNAL SSD IS ASKING TO ALLOCATE/INITIALIZE ON EVERY STARTUP ,AND IT IS ASKING FORMAT TO OPEN EVERYTIME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-ssd-is-asking-to-allocateinitialize-on/3b4b4db7-f354-4ae9-a98c-de2bd5fdd762
  3. USB corrupted and asks to format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB corrupted and asks to format: i dont know why but my usb randomly turned to RAW data. i cant use chckdisk because its raw. i also dont know any tool i can use since i have a 50 gb file i need to recover and they dont offer file recovery that big.is there any way i can restore my data?...
  4. USB corrupted and asks to format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB corrupted and asks to format: i dont know why but my usb randomly turned to RAW data. i cant use chckdisk because its raw. i also dont know any tool i can use since i have a 50 gb file i need to recover and they dont offer file recovery that big.is there any way i can restore my data?...
  5. USB corrupted and asks to format

6. Windows 11 will not ask to format cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not ask to format cd: When I insert a CD - format option does not appear. If I try to open the drive, it says CD can't be read and needs to be formatted.I checked the CD on another computer and the format option was there.I tried uninstalling and re installing drive. I tried updating driver it is...
  7. Windows 11 will not ask to format cd

Windows 11 will not ask to format cd: When I insert a CD - format option does not appear. If I try to open the drive, it says CD can't be read and needs to be formatted.I checked the CD on another computer and the format option was there.I tried uninstalling and re installing drive. I tried updating driver it is...
  8. Windows 10 pc asking to format every usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pc asking to format every usb drive: Hi,I am trying to help my in-laws. We have been trying to download some photos from a camera to their PC which they have previously been able to do with no issues. However, whenever we try to access the files on the camera we have also tried with a couple of usb sticks it...
  9. BitLocker asked to unlock external SSD, but is TPM protected, help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker asked to unlock external SSD, but is TPM protected, help!: Good evening, My Asus Zenbook UX430 UA crashed, and before I send it out for repairs (from what I see, the motherboard is kaput), I wanted to retrieve confidential documents from my SSD. I put it in an external drive caddy, which I connected to my spare laptop, an old...
  10. Windows ask for pincode at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows ask for pincode at startup: Not sure if this goes here or in User Accounts etc. but it´s system security, so. I want my computer to ask for my pincode every time I start it up and when it comes out of Sleep or Screensaver. When I Google this question I get 10 million hits on how to DISABLE the login...