Windows 10: My external storage not working Access is denied

Discus and support My external storage not working Access is denied in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shin angil, Aug 1, 2022.

1. My external storage not working Access is denied

hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show space.but in device management it there!if i tried to change the drive letter it's not allow mei made sure that access is no enable, but still not working.it'd happened with all of my external drive and use storage.i made factory rest to my Win 10 pro, after that me externals worked fine, but after some minutes it's disabled my usb again automatically!!!it make me crazy.... thanks,

:)

shin angil, Aug 1, 2022

2. Access Denied on all removable storages

Somewhere in the last 2-3 weeks I lost access to all removable storages. Accessing the SD Card in my laptop results in "Access denied", accessing a usb-stick on my usb-port results in "Access denied". Putting a Usb-Stick into my docking station (which is
    plugged in via usb into my laptop) results in "Access denied".

All other devices (keyboard, mouse, docking-station) work, but I can't access
    any
    removeable storage. No matter on which usb (2.0, 3.0) port they are plugged into.

I checked the registry keys, I checked the policies - all good.

When I try to take ownership I always get the error "Failed to enumerate the objects in the container. Access denied". There is no way to change the permission.

Icacls does not work: Access denied.

Grant does not work: Access denied.

I made a full virus scan, no results.

It also doesn't matter how many drives there are, none is accessible.

The disk-management shows me the disks, it even shows me free/used space, so there is no hardware problem to read the data. It must be some thing in my windows 8.1 which disabled all access.

Driver Version of the removable disks is always: 6.3.9600.18758 from 21.06.2006, which seems to be the latest one, since updating the driver doesn't change anything

I also tried to refresh the OS using an .iso Image. Its possible to mount the drive so that I can browse through the Image, but running setup.exe also results in "Access denied" ...

Any further suggestions?

Tobias Krasinger AT outlook.com, Aug 1, 2022
  3. jack63ss Win User
    LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

I am trying to share a folder on a LAPTOP. I have other a number of other systems that have folders Shared and they work fine, but with this one I get the error "LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied." when I try to access it from a different Win10 system. So I went thru the entire "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10" tutorial step by step. File and Print Sharing is enabled, SMB1.0 client & server are running, and Everyone has Full Access to the Share. Still get the error. I have tried it with the Network Public and Private, with the same result. Any suggestions ?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

jack63ss, Aug 1, 2022
  4. My external storage not working Access is denied

Access denied to external drive

Thank you for the prompt reply. I spent some time working through the different suggestions you gave and on the linked pages, without success. I stopped short of formatting the drive or reinstalling windows. No other issues I can find.

Controlled Folder Access was not a problem.

Found the access denied issue on 3 different PCs. But no problem accessing an ordinary external flash drive (FAT32).

Running as Admin I can take ownership, apply that to all files and folders and I can also access the directory structure and copy files from DOS, running as admin.

And logged in from another Admin user account still has the same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Rendt.Gorter, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

My external storage not working Access is denied

1. My external storage not working Access is denied - Similar Threads - external storage working

2. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  3. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  4. External drive - Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive - Access denied: Trying to use my drive like I normally do but when I connect it, it goes in and out like noises of it connecting and disconnecting noises. When I go to disk management and make sure it's initialized it says access denied, tried unplugging and replugging and the drive will...
  5. My external storage not working Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external storage not working Access is denied: hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show space.but in device management it there!if i tried to change the drive letter it's not allow mei made sure that access is no...
  6. My external storage not working Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external storage not working Access is denied: hiplease i need help, suddenly my MSI Laptop Win 10 pro. just not allow me to open any external storage.when i select properties it doesn't show space.but in device management it there!if i tried to change the drive letter it's not allow mei made sure that access is no...
  7. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  8. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  9. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Access denied to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to external drive: I have a high capacity NTFS formatted external drive that gives me Access denied error. I previously had it permanently plugged into one of these, although infrequently used, and recently encountered this problem. I have attempted all remedies I could find, on this and...