Windows 10: My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason?

Discus and support My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello So I really have no idea on what is causing this issue. The first time I experienced this problem, is when I was playing a video game. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GJG10, Sep 25, 2020.

1. GJG10 Win User

My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason?

Hello

So I really have no idea on what is causing this issue.

The first time I experienced this problem, is when I was playing a video game. It was working fine but after 30 mins or so, my USB keyboard disconnects on its own Based from the disconnecting sound I heard and the keys are not responding. I noticed that my num lock light is still on and my keyboard's RGB lights are also still turned on. I tried pressing Fn key codes for my keyboard's RGB patterns settings and it changes fine just like the keyboard hasn't been disconnected.

I also tried replugging the keyboard but this time, it took 3 mins or so to recognize/detect the keyboard and then suddenly disconnects again. I also tried a fix about this on unchecking the "allow this device to turn off to save power" but still the issue is still there.

Since I was using a USB hub, I tried plugging it directly to all of the USB ports but it detects the keyboard for 3 mins or so and then disconnects again. I really can't blame my laptop's USB ports because I tried plugging my mouse directly and it seems to work fine. I tried plugging in another keyboard to my laptop and it also works fine. Also, I tried plugging in my current keyboard the RGB keyboard to my other laptop and it also works fine.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem? Also, my windows is already updated. I even tried updating my keyboard's driver on device manager. It is a Reddragon Sani K581 keyboard btw. Thank you in advance for the answers.

:)

GJG10, Sep 25, 2020

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 25, 2020
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

USB Keyboard not working when plugged in - requires reboot (only since Anniversary update)

Hi Jon,

Let's get this issue with your USB keyboard sorted. This issue can be caused by a number of reasons. To help us identify the cause of this matter, we suggest that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter while the USB keyboard is not being detected. This tool can diagnose hardware and driver problems. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

For additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform, kindly refer to the following link:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason? - Similar Threads - external USB keyboard

2. My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Whenener i use my PC, the keyboard will randomly not work or entirely disconnect and reconnect, the intervals vary as sometimes it will for 1-3s not work, then magically work again, and whenever it does the keyboard "shuts off" completely, and sometimes it even disconnects...
  3. My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Whenener i use my PC, the keyboard will randomly not work or entirely disconnect and reconnect, the intervals vary as sometimes it will for 1-3s not work, then magically work again, and whenever it does the keyboard "shuts off" completely, and sometimes it even disconnects...
  4. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  5. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  6. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  8. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting for no reason at all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting for no reason at all: Hello, With the purchase of a new computer, I seem to always disconnect from my internet. When I'm trying to reconnect, it says "Unable to connect to this network." I have tried multiple steps and guides on Youtube, even to the point where I factory reset my computer twice...
  10. External USB SSD keep disconnecting automatically on USB 2.0 port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB SSD keep disconnecting automatically on USB 2.0 port: Hi there, I have HP EliteBook 840 G2 running Windows 10 pro and I have a Samsung T7 SSD Samsung T7 500GB Up to 1,050MB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps, Type-C External Solid State Drive Portable SSD GreyMU-PC500T I recently purchased it's brand new and I use this on my Mac and Windows...