Windows 10: My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore

Discus and support My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded Voicemeeter banana a while ago and a few days/weeks after that, windows didn't see the microphone anymore. I can't see it in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinayAnroedh, Mar 18, 2021.

1. My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore

I downloaded Voicemeeter banana a while ago and a few days/weeks after that, windows didn't see the microphone anymore. I can't see it in device manager and sound settings as well.

:)

VinayAnroedh, Mar 18, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 18, 2021
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Mar 18, 2021
  4. My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore

1. My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore - Similar Threads - external USB microphone

2. My microphone isn't detected on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone isn't detected on my laptop: I just bought a gaming headset with a mic and when I plug it into my computer my mic doesn't work. I tried to find many ways but my computer doesn't recognize the mic at all except for its own external mic...
  3. My microphone isn't detected on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't detected on my laptop: I just bought a gaming headset with a mic and when I plug it into my computer my mic doesn't work. I tried to find many ways but my computer doesn't recognize the mic at all except for its own external mic...
  4. My microphone isn't detected on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  6. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  7. My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone: My laptop keeps repeating the same mistake all over again. At first, the microphone works like a charm, but when i unplugged the mic to use it for something else and plug it back in, the laptop can't seem to recognize it. I need to restart the laptop every time i want to use...
  8. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  9. Headset's Microphone isn't recognized

Headset's Microphone isn't recognized: Good Afternoon, I recently bought a Headset that my PC doesn't totally recognize - it appears connected, but only as audio output and not as audio input. I've tried to troubleshoot my problem, but Microsoft's solutions as well the solutions given by the company that...
  10. External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop

External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop: I have a Silicon Power Portable External Hard Drive Armor A60 Shockproof USB 3.0, that is not being recognized by my laptop computer. I actually have 2 of these. One is recognized fine no problem, the other is not recognized at all. It's like I have not even plugged it in....