Windows 10: My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do.

Discus and support My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please try to reply fast.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amit Raj3, May 27, 2024.

1. Amit Raj3 Win User

My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do.

Please try to reply fast.

:)

Amit Raj3, May 27, 2024

2. External devices not connecting properly via USB 3.0 port

Dear Soumya,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have a similar issue on my Lenovo laptop. The USB 3.0 port was working normally on Windows 8.1. After I upgraded to Windows 10 my external devices cannot connect properly via the USB 3.0 port (they get connected and disconnected all the time).

Can I apply the hotfix from KB2830154 on Windows 10? Can I try to modify the registry manually according to the instructions in the same article?

Is there available any other hotfix particularly for Windows 10?

Mara_Borovinka, May 27, 2024
  3. usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 27, 2024
  4. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I  have to do. 47717d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-1.jpg

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I  have to do. 47718d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-2.jpg

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I  have to do. 47719d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-3.jpg

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I  have to do. 47720d1485959446t-usb-port-oddities-replace-usb-drivers-step-4.jpg

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 27, 2024
Thema:

1. My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do. - Similar Threads - external usb ports

2. My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external usb ports are not workiing properly? What I have to do.: Please try to reply fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-usb-ports-are-not-workiing-properly/f0644765-9f34-4d1c-b19b-c6a2bb5f1901
  3. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  4. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  5. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  7. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  8. USB Ports not working properly

9. USB ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...
  10. USB ports not working properly

USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...