Windows 10: My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it?

Discus and support My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to make the title as straightforward as possible. I got an extra SSD, I want to install an app from the Microsoft Store there. Read the saga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hey_You_Asked, Nov 3, 2019.

1. My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it?

I tried to make the title as straightforward as possible.

I got an extra SSD, I want to install an app from the Microsoft Store there. Read the saga in much more aggressive yet qualitatively relevant detail here.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

submitted by /u/Hey_You_Asked
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hey_You_Asked, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Extra Drive Appearing in Explorer

Hi Davian,

I realize that you noticed an extra partition in file explorer in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting, let us know the below information.

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Did you check whether any device is connected to USB drive?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system and what is the make and model of your system?

This issue might occur if the system is infected by virus or due to some software/hardware conflict.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to follow the link below and
    run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also, check and let us know whether the partition appears in Safe Mode with Networking.

Refer to the article below on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 and check if tin helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 3, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2019
  4. My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it?

laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it?

1. My extra SSD appears in My PC but not as a drive I can install WindowsApps to. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - extra SSD appears

2. How do i fix my drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my drive?: Hello, i recently bought a new external hardrive for my laptop and it was working fine for the first 2 weeks but all of a sudden doesn't show up in the disks and volumes menu or the disk management menu or the files explorer. It is however in the device management menu but...
  3. How do i fix my drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my drive?: Hello, i recently bought a new external hardrive for my laptop and it was working fine for the first 2 weeks but all of a sudden doesn't show up in the disks and volumes menu or the disk management menu or the files explorer. It is however in the device management menu but...
  4. How can I fix my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC?: I was doing a system image restore and unfortunately i lost power and my system image is corrupted. I can’t even factory reset my computer not even boot up from a USB. Or reinstall windows. I relay don’t know what else to do...
  5. How can I fix my PC?

How can I fix my PC?: I was doing a system image restore and unfortunately i lost power and my system image is corrupted. I can’t even factory reset my computer not even boot up from a USB. Or reinstall windows. I relay don’t know what else to do...
  6. How do I fix my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my pc: I have a Dell tower pc loaded with windows 10. Recently there was an update and things aren't working like they should now. I decided to reset the entire pc to factory but I have hit a snag. I have it plug in with an ethernet cable and it keeps repeating the "HI there, Let's...
  7. How can I fix my PC?

How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  8. How can I fix my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  9. Can I fix my PC by installing windows on a 2nd drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I fix my PC by installing windows on a 2nd drive?: Last week I got a critical_process_died boot error loop on my pc, and every solution ive tried hasn't worked. The only option left I wanted to try was resetting/reinstalling Windows, but it wont let me do that either. I have a 1tb SSD and a 2tb hard drive. My SSD contains the...
  10. This appears everytime I try to boot my PC, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This appears everytime I try to boot my PC, how do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UrbanUmbra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpuep6/this_appears_everytime_i_try_to_boot_my_pc_how_do/