Windows 10: my f-keys are doing wrong things

Discus and support my f-keys are doing wrong things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardPitonak, Jan 19, 2019.

1. my f-keys are doing wrong things

Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different things now.

For example when I press down f6 which would usually mute the speakers it instead does the equivalent of having pressed tab.

But as I'm writing this I have just noticed all my function keys do different things. Another example is when I press f3 which normally increases the screen's brightness it does the equivalent of ctrl+f

I'm not sure what would have reassigned the functions of my function keys but I want to know how I can fix it please.

Edit: I just tried all the function keys and quite a lot of them had no noticeable affect:

f1 still opens help

f2 ?

f3 ctrl+f

f4 ?

f5 still reloads the page

f6 tab

f7 ?

f8 ?

f9 ?

f10 seems to highlight my tab's options bar

f11 still goes full screen

f12 opens page source code

:)

RichardPitonak, Jan 19, 2019

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Jan 19, 2019
  3. farby Win User
    How do I uninstall F-Secure

How do you know its F-Secure that is using the Data ? Which phone do you have ? If there are any IM / WhatsApp like applications installed..they may be the real culprits..

farby, Jan 19, 2019
  4. nag1253 Win User

my f-keys are doing wrong things

How do I uninstall F-Secure

I did all the steps suggested by friends.But, Still iam loosing airtel message balance.Please suggest any other ways to uninstall F-secure........

nag1253, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

my f-keys are doing wrong things

1. my f-keys are doing wrong things - Similar Threads - keys are doing

2. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keys do different things: my keys do different things like A selects everything when i type and / types -. and backspace doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-do-different-things/ce200327-fbd0-456f-8e74-bec4ad2e96cf
  3. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keys do different things: my keys do different things like A selects everything when i type and / types -. and backspace doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-do-different-things/ce200327-fbd0-456f-8e74-bec4ad2e96cf
  4. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My number keys do random things

My number keys do random things: When i pressed my top like 123456789 keys not all do it but like i have tried 1 and 4 it does random things like for the fourth one it writes random letters deletes some and does weird things for example if i press 4 it writes this <r tè-_i!> without the < and > and for the 1...
  6. Keys do the wrong thing

Keys do the wrong thing: Every time I press the enter key it sends me to my screen login, My period key mutes everything, the esc key switches my music, and my shift key opens tabs. What do I do to fix this?...
  7. Keys do the wrong thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys do the wrong thing: Every time I press the enter key it sends me to my screen login, My period key mutes everything, the esc key switches my music, and my shift key opens tabs. What do I do to fix this?...
  8. Keys do the wrong thing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Ok what in the f is this thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ok what in the f is this thing?: submitted by /u/Wiki1727 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbij8j/ok_what_in_the_f_is_this_thing/
  10. One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.: Every other key is fine. It is only the 8 that is messed up. It is typing a 0. If I hold function and press the 8 key it types a forward slash . I have tried changing the language settings and a few other things. Nothing is will change it back. Dell inspiron Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f keys are wrong

2. fkeys incorrect

3. my f keys are doing different things

4. F keys wrong windows 10,
  5. anytime i press f6 key on my windows it just goes off,
  6. f keys wrong,
  7. why all my f keys doing the wrong things