Windows 10: My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

Discus and support My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there another way to get to the recovery mode? Whenever I do F11 it goes to boot mode because that's what my MSI motherboard was designed to do. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IshaanMehta, Jun 22, 2020.

1. My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

Is there another way to get to the recovery mode? Whenever I do F11 it goes to boot mode because that's what my MSI motherboard was designed to do. By the ways I can't get past the startup screen, so I would need to get to recovery mode somehow through only the keyboard and my tower. Is there a way to do this?

:)

IshaanMehta, Jun 22, 2020

2. F11 recovery screen

After some windows updates and a failed update, Computer starts in F11 recovery.

I didn't do this!

Any suggestions, I have been able only once to get back into windows, but now bit just keeps loading at start up with F11 recovery.

I have tried to run trouble shooter but unable to fix

JulieStone1, Jun 22, 2020
  3. adcx64 Win User
    recovery partition

hi,

i am working on a computer that has a bad worm on it that needs to be reformatted without the original disks. It has a recovery partition. i hit f11 on startup to get the boot menu but there is no recovery partiton option.. any help????????????

Also it is a dell latitude d630 with vista business

adcx64, Jun 22, 2020
  4. MikeC#3 Win User

My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change.

MikeC#3, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

1. My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery. - Similar Threads - F11 goes boot

2. Windows 11 PCs booting to Recovery Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PCs booting to Recovery Menu: As a business we are refreshing our desktops and laptops, running Win 11.In the past few weeks we have had around 10 of these that after very little use boot to the recovery menu, possibly after an update.Has anybody else has had experience of this ?...
  3. Windows 11 PCs booting to Recovery Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PCs booting to Recovery Menu: As a business we are refreshing our desktops and laptops, running Win 11.In the past few weeks we have had around 10 of these that after very little use boot to the recovery menu, possibly after an update.Has anybody else has had experience of this ?...
  4. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?: I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear everything and start anew but I cannot seem to gain access to recovery mode. I have pressed F11 repeatedly upon start up but to...
  5. Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista not booting into recovery mode when I press F11?: I have recently found an old computer in my closet and cannot remember the administrator password for the life of me. I am trying to totally clear everything and start anew but I cannot seem to gain access to recovery mode. I have pressed F11 repeatedly upon start up but to...
  6. How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?: Suddenly my keyboard has not been turning on fast enough to press F11 when my PC is turning on. and I want to boot my USB containing Windows OS. Is there anyway I can do to access boot menu without pressing F11 when it’s powering on. submitted by /u/throwawaynonaaha6551...
  7. Window 10 open in recovery boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 open in recovery boot menu: how can i get lenovo running win10 out of recovery boot menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-open-in-recovery-boot-menu/a0b197f9-d973-488d-9b7b-1718084d6464
  8. Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this: Hi. My brother has a problem with his W10 computer because of an update. His computer restart in loop saying with a black screen "cancelling changes made to your computer. When he uses F11, Windows asks for his Microsoft account's password (which is correct) but the computer...
  9. Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.: Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-not-boot-goes-directly-to/65247a82-accd-4ec5-bb4e-328919060392
  10. F11 HP Recovery Manager not working. How to restore ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    F11 HP Recovery Manager not working. How to restore ?: I bought a HP laptop which came with Win 10 Home. Due to some reasons, I downgraded to 8.1 by clean install. Now i want to do factory reset to win 10 But i realised that my F11 hp recovery manager is no longer working.The recovery partitions are hidden and but the files are...