Windows 10: My f2 key is not working.

Discus and support My f2 key is not working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi allI am working in Excel on a Thinkpad L13 with a wireless bluetooth keyboard Logitech K540 and my F2 key to edit cells in Excel is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter Risør Brøste, Feb 1, 2023.

1. My f2 key is not working.

Hi allI am working in Excel on a Thinkpad L13 with a wireless bluetooth keyboard Logitech K540 and my F2 key to edit cells in Excel is not working while writing on my wireless keyboard - it is working on my laptop. It is working when I am pressing Fn + F2, but I cannot seem to enable Fn Lock on my keyboard.I have pressed "Allow editing directly in cells" in Excel, so that should be good. Is there anyone who can be helpful with this?Many thanks!

:)

Peter Risør Brøste, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Erika Aro Win User

The f1 key and the f2 key do not work

Thank you for the information. We are a support that provides available resources only that are present to all users. We suggest following the steps on the links provided to troubleshoot your keyboard. We'd like to verify if other function keys are working.

Keep us posted after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    The f1 key and the f2 key do not work

Hi,

Before upgrading to Windows 10, the keys F1 and F2 were still working. It sounds like a driver-related issue. When upgrading Windows, it does not automatically update the peripheral drivers. The drivers from the previous Windows 8.1 are still installed and
    may need reinstallation by uninstalling them and installing the Windows 10 drivers. To help us understand the situation more, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type
      winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Can you specify on how you use these function keys, with a different key on the board or just solo?
    • Is your keyboard a standard keyboard or a gaming/customizable keyboard?

Additionally, we suggest running the
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware
    tool to automatically check your computer for hardware compatibility.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Erika Aro, Feb 1, 2023
  4. My f2 key is not working.

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

My f2 key is not working.

1. My f2 key is not working. - Similar Threads - key working

2. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  3. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  4. Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  5. Windows key not working

Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  6. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  7. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  8. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  10. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...